Bored in Work 25 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 134
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 0
I'll believe it when I see it!

IT'S the latest answer to Dublin's gridlock - a commuter service running from Heuston Station to the city centre along the River Liffey by boat.

Dublin Docklands Development Authority has just commissioned
consultants to examine the financial viability of establishing water-bus
services between the station and Dublin Port for commuters and
tourists.

Commuters fed up being stuck on the quays will be able to travel by
river boat if the plans go ahead.

And already a prototype has been designed to ensure a vessel will be
able to navigate under the Liffey bridges at high tide. The DDDA has
asked Dun Laoghaire-based consultants Tourism Development International
to examine the feasibility of the project and to review the level of
interest among potential operators.

Given how high and choppy looking the liffey has been lately I think I'll stick to the number 90/91 for now.

Originally posted by P. Littbarski
I'll believe it when I see it!

IT'S the latest answer to Dublin's gridlock - a commuter service running from Heuston Station to the city centre along the River Liffey by boat.

Dublin Docklands Development Authority has just commissioned
consultants to examine the financial viability of establishing water-bus
services between the station and Dublin Port for commuters and
tourists.

Don't they mean "re-establish"? Didn't we have this a few years back?

I wonder does anyone else remember getting the little orange ferry across the liffey in their yooth?

Oh, for those of you who like leaving their video recorders on late at night, you could do a lot worse than leaving it on at around 12.40 tonight on channel 4.
Dobermann is on, it's a french heist/violence movie with vincent cassel in it, i saw it when it came out in the cinema about 5 years ago and have been trying to get it on video for ages but now it's on tv so i be happy.

Originally posted by pete
I forgot.

Dudley said it was shit. So it was probably good.

not watched them yet. weekend hopefully

ever seen this?

I did, sometime in 1985 and have been wondering about it ever since

==============================================
Satan's Triangle (1975)

Cast: Kim Novak, Doug McClure, Alejandro Rey, Michael Conrad, Ed Lauter, Jim Davis
Director: Sutton Roley
U.S. Distribution: ABC Television
U.S. Release Date: 1/14/75
Running Time: 1:17
MPAA Rating: Not rated (merits "PG" for subject matter)

First off, this film is impossible to find on video or see on television anymore. Sadly, it has all but disappeared from radar. I was able to purchase a dubbed version of an old Sci-Fi Channel airing from some years ago, and I was every bit as entertained and almost as spooked as I was when I watched it as a young boy more than 27 years ago.

Two Coast Guard pilots are sent to respond to a call for help deep in the heart of Satan's Triangle. They find a badly-battered boat adrift with several casualties and just one survivor (Kim Novak). The toothy and quite alluring girl tells Lieutenant Haig (Doug McClure) the details of a dark and frightening voyage into terror as the two spend the night together on the vessel. The next morning, his partner (Michael Conrad) returns with help; and another creepy, and quite sinister, tale is soon revealed to all.

For as long as I can remember, I have always had a fascination with the Bermuda Triangle, and it may lead right back to this movie. I remembered many of the scenes and I can just imagine that I was sipping a nice, cold Delaware Punch (and maybe peeking around the bottle) when it first aired on ABC-TV so long ago. (I am fairly certain that it originally aired as one of the Friday Night Mystery Movies.)

Satan's Triangle isn't a great film, and it is not nearly as good as the "X-Files" episode "Triangle" which aired a few years back, but it just sticks with you. Almost everyone I know remembers being scared silly by it - although admittedly, most of them were 8-12 years old at the time. I really hope someone, and someday soon, does a re-release or a remake or just any form of resurrection of this lost gem.
© 2002, Delton Perrodin
================================================

Originally posted by pete
I wonder does anyone else remember getting the little orange ferry across the liffey in their yooth?

I remember the ferrry - up near where the east link is now.

Putting in a water bus is a good idea, but would be enormously expensive - you'd need to put in tidal gates cos at low tide there's hardly any water in the river

after gigs in the point you used to be able to get a ferry up the liffey to o'connel street or somewhere...i think i got one after the pixies played the point back in whenever it was.
do they still do this me wonders

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back