Bored in Work 25 (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 134
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 0
isnt there a "secret" rail link between heuston and connelly stations - i.e. the track beside the royal canal that seems to disappear under the phoenix park and the liffey and reappear at heuston when you look on a map. I think there's also a freight link from connelly to the docks. It seems such an obvious thing to do to stick a train on those sections, but maybe there's some structural reason why this is not feasable, or maybe its bad planning / not economically viable, etc...

isnt there a "secret" rail link between heuston and connelly stations

yes, there is. i know this because my beloved decided to try walking down it one morning last summer to "see where it went". they use it occasionally for moving stuff between the stations (there's still track there and everything) but they don't run actual trains on it. i have no idea why it isn't used.

they use that line to bring construction stuff up to Croke Park from.. um.. wherever they are storing it at the other end... they do it at 10am on a Saturday and/or Sunday morning

I know this cause the line runs right by my window and wakes me up at 10am on a weekend morning and causes me to swear like a bastard at it.

Originally posted by minka
isnt there a "secret" rail link between heuston and connelly stations

yes, there is. i know this because my beloved decided to try walking down it one morning last summer to "see where it went".

That was the time you found a dead body wasn't it?
And beat up your long time bully and made off with the treasure.
Ahh, now there's a summer you'll never forget.

Re: What song was No.1 when you were born?

Originally posted by pete
http://www.rockmine.music.co.uk/Lists/Charts.html

This is lifted straight from boards.ie & it's the UK charts, obviously. We didn't have music in ireland when i was born

For me it was Middle Of The Road with 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep'.

Hmm and 9 months prior to my arrival, Matthews Southern Comfort were top of the hit parade with "Woodstock" BUT I believe i was born 2 weeks late... or was i 2 weeks early... either way, i win cos it was Deep Purple's 'Black Night' 2 weeks earlier and Jimi Hendrix with 'Voodoo Chile' two weeks later.

ah crap, if i had been born 3 weeks earlier ennio morricone would have been number 1, i'v got 'stand and deliver' by adam and the ants instead, not nearly as cool.

Re: What song was No.1 when you were born?

Originally posted by pete
http://www.rockmine.music.co.uk/Lists/Charts.html

This is lifted straight from boards.ie & it's the UK charts, obviously. We didn't have music in ireland when i was born

For me it was Middle Of The Road with 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep'.

oh dear!

Abba - the winner takes it all

had my ma hung on for another few days it would of been ashes to ashes by David Bowie which would of been way better

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back