Bored in Work 25 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 134
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 0
working on christmas sucks.
i did it a few years in a row when i worked in a hospital.
there's nothing as depressing as being with bonkers old people on christmas day.
mushed up turkey dinner !bog !bog

once though when i was small my dad took me into the airport on christmas eve - he's an air traffic engineer.
anyway you kow the big roundy radar screens in air traffic control ?
he had tagged a plane as Santa's Sleigh, i couldnt believe i had seen santa on the radar, i nearly died of excitement.

and my junior infants are going mad waiting for santa to come,
and they have no concept of time so i get asked 10 times every day, when is he coming ??
doing all the songs and making decorations and stuff with them is great fun ;)

Re: What song was No.1 when you were born?

Originally posted by pete
http://www.rockmine.music.co.uk/Lists/Charts.html

This is lifted straight from boards.ie & it's the UK charts, obviously. We didn't have music in ireland when i was born

For me it was Middle Of The Road with 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep'.

http://freespace.virgin.net/sharon.persky/uknumberonesingles70.htm

there are some discrepancies here
i always thort it was the wurzels that were no. 1 when i was born
but your yoke tells me it was "no charge" *shiver*

anyways - the wurzels did have a number 1 with "..combine harvester" and it ain't listed at http://www.rockmine.music.co.uk/Lists/Charts.html

so it lies

Originally posted by coraline
working on christmas sucks.
i did it a few years in a row when i worked in a hospital.
there's nothing as depressing as being with bonkers old people on christmas day.
mushed up turkey dinner !bog !bog

once though when i was small my dad took me into the airport on christmas eve - he's an air traffic engineer.
anyway you kow the big roundy radar screens in air traffic control ?
he had tagged a plane as Santa's Sleigh, i couldnt believe i had seen santa on the radar, i nearly died of excitement.

thats a really sweet story. :)

they're trying to sort out the situation regarding us working now here, so we'll see.

this is like that time when TIME magazine had a poll to findout the most influential person of the 20th century, and a young irish footballer called Ronnie O'Brien was in the top three, slightly ahead of Mother Theresa, as all his friends started an Internet campaign to get him to the number one spot...
Once they realised who he was they removed him from the poll though...which was a pity.

Republican anthem storms BBC song poll
Last updated: 13-12-02, 08:37

The Wolfe Tones republican anthem A Nation Once Again has beaten off stiff competition to reach the top 10 in a BBC Internet survey to find the world's favourite song.

The song is now jockeying for a top 10 position alongside classics such as John Lennon's Imagine, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven and Hero by Mariah Carey.

The Dublin-based Wolfe Tones are well known for other anthems such as Come Out Ye Black and Tans and Padraic Pearse.

A BBC spokeswoman said the "enormous" support for the song had come from an e-mail distributed around the world encouraging Irish people to vote for it. The e-mail gives "800 years of oppression" as the reason for choosing the song.

"There's this e-mail going round telling people to vote for the song, it seems to be a bit of a laugh but the lyrics meet BBC producer guidelines and so the votes have been accepted," a BBC spokeswoman said.

Wolfe Tones' banjo player Brian Warfield said: "We've just come back from a tour in America and we find all this a great craic, it's something that we would never have expected. We're absolutely thrilled to bits".

The song was written in the 1840s by a republican Protestant lawyer, Thomas Davis, a Co Cork leader of the Young Irelanders movement.

Voting for the BBC music poll closes at midday today. The result of the poll will be revealed live on the Internet on December 21st.

here's that email, if anyone wants to vote (before lunchtime today)

Do your duty .................. VOTE.

The BBC are at it again - this time however they're asking everyone to
vote for their favourite song of all time. So obviously we're going to
try and mess it up for them. Go to the website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/us/features/topten/

and enter your details.

In the boxes for Favourite song and Artist add the following

Artist : Wolfe Tones
Song : A Nation Once Again

Why : 800 years is why.

Originally posted by Pantone247
3 mintues till the weekend

oh boy!

I'm going to go home and drink myself silly and listen to Big Star really loud

then I'm going to go the the ballroom and start fights with Herv

oh oh oh!!

and i'll shout at both of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back