Bored in Work (10000000) 128 (5 Viewers)

Re: time

Muscle Beach said:
she will be your living end .|..|

need to dig that tape out, i was a total bowie nut when i was 16. every time a marilyn manson single came out i'd annoy everyone by singing the ripped off bowie track over the top.
i was such a square.
Bowie is deadly
that Station to Station - Low - "Heroes" - Lodger - Scary Monsters run of
albums especially

Dug out Tin Machine last weekend.
Quite listenable still - 16 years later
A good live experience believe it or not.

nlgbbbblth said:
A good live experience believe it or not.
tin machine? at the time like? all the 90's stuff just looked pretty bad, remember seeing him on MTV in 95/96 with reeves gabriel playing that parker guitar doing a really weird version of 'man who sold the world', it sucked. when did you see him?

Re: why do i bother

I think this is why Irish people are different. I also think it's why we keep doing well in reality tv contests. Thingy McWan in the Tribune had a piece on it there on Sunday. SHe made the point that in Big Brother over the years there's been about 60 contestants. 4 have been Irish, and they been 1st, twice 2nd, and 3rd. It's funny.

So Darknothing, don't be getting stressed. It's us that's weird.

Muscle Beach said:
tin machine? at the time like? all the 90's stuff just looked pretty bad, remember seeing him on MTV in 95/96 with reeves gabriel playing that parker guitar doing a really weird version of 'man who sold the world', it sucked. when did you see him?
Back in August 1991. Baggot Inn

Muscle Beach said:
cool, what was he doing at that point?
was a warm-up/low key kinda secret gig on the "It's My Life" tour

He had been rehearsing in Ringsend for the week prior to that
just before Tin Machine II came out.

set was a mixture of the two TM LPs and not much else- as far as I can remember.

Re: today

I studied arts in Maynooth for about 40 minutes and dropped out. now, the government pay for me to study in the UK.

re: the dole is gone up 14 blips - hurrah!! (if its true, that is)

Re: why do i bother

my lips got real chapped today. I looked like diseasednor. It was nay ta.

apparently this is me. devilishly handsome, heh, and all my own teeth too.

liamdunneBILLYSTICKLAND.jpg

and sales for my kiss-and-tell hurling autobiography have passed the 14,000 mark.

Sales have passed the 14,000 mark and the book is set to top the Best Sellers List for Christmas.

This is not surprising, really. Dunne was one of the great hurlers of modern times – talented, tough and uncompromising. That he should write a gritty, interesting ‘no-holds-barred’ account of his life and times (beyond hurling alone) should, therefore, be no surprise. And he has been served well by Lawlor, who has allowed Dunne’s authentic voice to come through.

If you want to meet Liam Dunne in person, and get him to sign a copy of his book, you’ll have a chance in Dublin next Saturday when he has a book signing in Easons of O’Connell Street. The signing starts at 12 Noon and everyone is welcome.

http://www.anfearrua.com/ViewSectionDetail.asp?docid=1557

Re: Bored in Work 128

kirstie said:
ah sure well

you had no idea about this when you bought so whats the use of being all upset about it now? It's deadly for people cos it gives them a choice. I'd have loved a little olden house but the stamp duty issue put paid to that. But I am very pleased with our new flat. So, no point in dwelling on it.

I know you're right, but it's nice to feel aggrieved once in a while. Assuages middle class guilt.

Actually at what point does your class stop being defined by your parents' occupations and start being defined by your own? Less than 3,000 words please.

I find writing a stern complaint to Dublin Bus every few weeks helps me get out my aggrieved feelings. Plus they deserve it.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I know you're right, but it's nice to feel aggrieved once in a while. Assuages middle class guilt.

Oh yeah, I know the type. I answer lots of things like that so I don't really write them.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am (insert bit about how loyal they've been and how they normally don't have problems with people).

But (blow-by-blow account of someone being rude or a waste of taxpayers money - incidentally people probably write these things while they themselves are at work).

Emotional trauma - all about how upset/offened they were.

Sincere hope - wild assumptions about how seriously their complaint will be taken (to the High Court, the EU, the UN and beyond)

Threat/missed opportunity - I'll never use your service again.

Yours,

Someone who includes their middle initial as if they're some part of the landed gentry.

Gong Farmer said:
PHP:
 function duration($duration) {

$jours = floor(($duree/86400));
     $duration = $duration % 86400;
     $heures = floor(($duration/3600));
     $duration = $duration % 3600;
     $minutes = floor(($duree/60));
     $duration = $duration % 60;

printf('%dj %02dh %02dmin',$jours,$heures,$minutes);

}
So where's $duree defined?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back