Bootleg @ The Pavilion, Cork: Mako (Ex Cyclefly) Oct 8th (1 Viewer)

Bootleg

Bootleg
The Pavilion
Thursday Oct 8th

featuring
Mako
Doors 9.30pm €6​

l_c0050c6f6c624e43b7a33be135a929e9.jpg

MAKO signals the re-emergence of Declan O’Shea and Christian Montagne, both former members of acclaimed band Cyclefly, onto the music scene. During their time with the alternative rock band Cyclefly, Declan (vox) and Christian (bass guitar) toured throughout America and Europe with bands such as Linkin Park, Tool, Live, and Bush.

The band also garnered places on the ‘Best New Artist’ lists of NME, Rock Sound, and Kerrang! For the past two years Declan, a singer-songwriter from East Cork, and Christian, a songwriter-guitarist from Antibes, have concentrated all their energies on MAKO.

While their new project retains the slightly edgy alt-rock sound that gathered so many fans for Cyclefly, it also possesses a more mellow maturity reflecting Declan and Christian’s growth as songwriters and musicians. Declan’s voice, which has been compared to people such as Bowie, Richard Butler (Psychedelic furs), and Annie Lennox, permeates MAKO’S unforgettable lyrics in a charismatic and evocative manner.​

For the recording of their debut album, the band returned to Christian’s native Antibes on the Côte D’Azur. Mako flawlessly encapsulates the musical development of the two artists who have combined Raw talent with past experience.​

www.myspace.com/makotunes

support from

PLANET PARADE

l_63d8b39131044de58a160757e98b4579.jpg

Hailing from Clane in County Kildare, Planet Parade have been playing in bands together since childhood. In the last 2 years they swapped instruments and changed their musical approach.
They are an energetic, off-kilter/melodic/indie/ pop/rock band whose strength lies in their live performances.
Their new 4 track E.P 'Ghosts To People', to be self-released in the Autumn, showcases the band's idiosyncratic sound and wide ranging musicality.

Planet Parade have just been announced as one of the bands to play at this year's Hard Working Class Heroes Festival in Dublin, which showcases emerging acts. This will coincide with the release of their debut E.P.

Michael Hopkins - Vocals, guitar
Ronan Kilduff - Bass
Andrew Lloyd - Drums

http://www.myspace.com/planetparade

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Planet Parade

OOhhhh I saw Planet parade support Mundy in the Pavilion a week or two ago. It should have been the other way around . . .!!!.|..|, There pretty frickin awsome. I shall be there with bells on. Whoooo!! the suppost band. MAKO sound good to, just checked em on myspace. Gigamundo!!!!!!.|..|::clef:::eek::)::clef::.|..|:eek::rolleyes::cool::p!bing!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

Re: Planet Parade

OOhhhh I saw Planet parade support Mundy in the Pavilion a week or two ago. It should have been the other way around . . .!!!.|..|, There pretty frickin awsome. I shall be there with bells on. Whoooo!! the suppost band. MAKO sound good to, just checked em on myspace. Gigamundo!!!!!!.|..|::clef:::eek::)::clef::.|..|:eek::rolleyes::cool::p!bing!ninjaaaa!ninjaaaa

...and thus i'm sure we'll never hear from you ever again after this.
:rolleyes:
leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back