Books You Hated (1 Viewer)

I remember you telling me you were converting to buddhism after reading "Dharma Bums".
Well?
nofriendo said:
I have to say the da vinci code as well, good god that sucked balls. Also anything by [font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Kerouac, his books may have been enjoyable if he had of removed his head from his own arse!!
[/size][/font]

Miss Piggy said:
catch 22 by whoever wrote it. started twice and gave up after chapter 1 twice. fuck off book, i said to it !baggyyyy

Catch 22 for me too, I've been trying to read it for weeks and can't get into it at all. When I go home I'm going to say fuck off book too.

buddhism = good
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Kerouac = bad

I also enjoy having 12 mates round for bread and wine and that doesnt mean i enjoyed reading the bible!!
[/size][/font]

plug said:
then there was some book recently by some young brett easton ellis style hopeful about fucked up teenagers on drugs and shit. booooring!!! didn't finish that either..

:)

Sounds like 'Twelve' by Nick McDonell, not bad and ridiculously easy to read (got through it in a few hours) but he obviously wanks at the altar of Easton Ellis.

I generally like every book I read. My mum seems to think I like Claire Hennessy books and keeps buying me them. I don't read teen cheese fic (fantasy romance is classy) but god help me I tried to read some of her books. They are just so incredibly stupid I wrote her piles of hatemail. She never replied though.

I remember this yoke in 2nd year used to slit her wrists because it was trendy and she was depreeeeessed. Well imagine what was going through her shallow head and translate it to paper. According to "Good Girls Don't" if you inhale a spliff once you will get high and everyone will be really funny....

the book is so bad you laugh out loud at the bits were she tries to be deep. loike omg you should so get this book just for that

spiritualtramp said:
I truly hated that book.

William S Burroughs annoys the fuck out of me "then I did some heroin and got out of my face then I did some more heroin etc etc" BORING.

Agreed, I read Naked Lunch and was only able to get into the flow of it with about 10 pages to go, why did I finish it? Spite

I'll jump on the Kerouac hatred bandwagon, the only thing of his I've read was Big Sur and it's shite, a very well writen "What I did on my summer holidays".

Also agree about Catcher in the Rye, after hearing so many people go on about it I was really bored, at least it was short.

You never invited me around for bread and wine.I thought we wre close?
Obviously I was wrong.

James Ellway(?spelling) read a crime novel of his as recommended by a friend and it was overdiscriptive nonsense.
nofriendo said:
buddhism = good
[font=verdana,arial,helvetica][size=-1]Kerouac = bad

I also enjoy having 12 mates round for bread and wine and that doesnt mean i enjoyed reading the bible!!
[/size][/font]

Elroy?
brianoak said:
You never invited me around for bread and wine.I thought we wre close?
Obviously I was wrong.

James Ellway(?spelling) read a crime novel of his as recommended by a friend and it was overdiscriptive nonsense.

Reading the Mayor of Casterbridge (tedious as hell when I was 13) and Hard Times (just not very good) in school has left me with a strong aversion to Hardy and Dickens...otherwise I don't tend to finish books I don't like. Recently read Lady Chatterly's Lover and didn't see what the fuss is about, but it wasn't bad either. Similarly History of the World in 10.5 Chapters.

aaaiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

fucking kids these days don't know they're born, not having to read this auld bitches excuse for a life story.

Today Peig would be mad into blogging, I reckon. 'feach me ar an caca milis agus ta me ag robbing it from an siopa, ghadi is anim dom! Sin a bhfuil chuaigh me go dti an blaskets agus ta se ufasach'

the end.

Donkey OJ said:

Wow! this is a lot more telling than the 'books I like' thread .... please do go on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back