Book Launch Tour (1 Viewer)

contrariwise

Website
www.easpameasa.cjb.net
Darren and Tina have asked me to bring this to your attention:

Squatting in the Bushes: Book Launch Tour

Your Ticket for a Free Ride in a World Without Borders

Squatting in the Bushes is a new book from the Direct Action Against Apathy camp. The authors have created an audiovisual performance with their band Devils Bit Scabious and are taking it on tour around the country to launch the book in November /December The performance contains music vision & spoken word on issues, including national identity & the concept of borders, global days of action, the war on terror, and some
some songs about hitchhiking...

Hitchhiking can bring such an enormous sense of freedom & illuminate the wondrous extent of human generosity to strangers. It can also plummet you to the depths of despair, & illuminate the dull ache of boredom that nibbles at your toes when all you’ve got is time on your hands.

Setting out on their trusty thumbs and desire for the unknown, Tina & Darren hit the highroads & lowlife of Fortress Europe in search of adventure & a comfortable ditch in which to rest their weary heads.

Squatting in the Bushes is crammed fuller than their backpacks with d.i.y. travel tales, personal reflections & socio-political ramblings.
With top tips for cheapskates & freeloaders, & thoughts on national identities, it will leave you questioning your own ideas of what travel is all about.

From fun & frolics with Food Not Bombs in Finland to days of dandering with a donkey in sunny Spain, they encountered many people along the way. With more than a sideward glance towards history, Stonehenge, Normandy, Versailles, Berlin, Warsaw, Auschwitz, filled their brains with information and ideas.

Squatting in the Bushes is a tale of freedom, a document of travel, a testimony of personal growth & political yearnings.

Devils Bit Scabious play powerful, political, songs of revolution
acoustically with passion. The band play a range of instruments including guitar, accordion, darbouka, bodhran, & throw in the occasional sample.
To date Devils Bit Scabious have released 2 cd’s and are currently
working on the third to be released in early 2003.

Wexford Arts Centre 21st November 8.30pm
Sligo Sat 23rd Nov
Galway Sun 24th Nov
Cork LV Bar McCurtain St Thur 28th Nov
Limerick Fri 29th Nov
Dublin Molloys Thomas St Tue 3rd Dec 9pm
Belfast Front Page Donegal St. Thur 5th Dec 8pm

Read extracts from the book & find out more about direct action
against apathy at www.geocities.com/directactionagainstapathy

wouldnt it be wonderful

if only we all went freeloading around the world , meeting new people and getting them to haggle for cheap food on our behalf in markets in third world countries wouldn,t the capitalist corporations be under severe threat,

well no actually.

sitting in me gaff

all it needs is someone with a load of money to put it out,
how about if i let you read it, will you do a gank then? i could put a quote from you on the back cover , you know the kind of thing

" more exciting than a girl guides convention - the strange guy"

" best thing to happen me since burkie and padraig went away - byrnos"

etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back