dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Playing Weekend One Only (19-21 April 2002)

Blonde Redhead
Dianogah
Do Make Say Think
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
Lonesome Organist
Smog
Three Second Kiss

Playing Weekend Two Only (26-28 April 2002)

Bonnie Prince Billy
Clint Conley's Consonant
The Ex-Orkestra
Melt Banana
The New Year

Playing Both Weekends

Arcwelder
Breeders
Brick Layer Cake
Cheap Trick
Danielson Famille
Dead Moon
The Fall
Flour
High Dependency Unit
Low
Mark Robinson
Mission Of Burma
Nina Nastasia
Oxes
P W Long
Plush
The Rachel's
Robbie Fulks
Shannon Wright - TBC
Shellac
Shipping News
Silk Worm
Threnody Ensemble
Upper Crust
Wire
Zeni Geva

Tom Verlaine; will not be performing
Some of you may have noticed that Tom Verlaine is no longer on the bill unfortunately he will not be performing in the UK around the time of the festival anymore. Sorry people!!

the first week has the best line up but i really want to see will oldham again

got my tickets anyway. works out at €170 for 105 sterling, jaysus!!

ive heard that one too, and they always have one or two special guests on the bill

sigur ros are playing in london the monday after the first weekend, so theres always a chance they could be on the bill. i dont want to be startin rumours or nothing

eddie vedder is playing the one in LA. hmmmmmmm....

sigur ros were amazing at atp before.
i don't think fugazi are doing it, i think they were considering it but family matters have put the brakes on it

anyone know any good places to go in london by the way??

that warhol exhibit was on in the tate, but i think its finishing up at the start of april. feck

FUGAZI won't be playing ATP. They don't want to play it, even if they were asked.

BOO.

Does that mean you're going Niall?

I imagine Albini would only invite Sigur Ros to injure them.
Andy Warhole = emperor's old pants.

dudley (10 Feb, 2002 12:43 p.m.):

Blonde Redhead
Dianogah
Do Make Say Think
Godspeed You Black Emperor!
Lonesome Organist
Smog
Three Second Kiss

Bonnie Prince Billy
Clint Conley's Consonant
The Ex-Orkestra
Melt Banana
The New Year

Playing Both Weekends

Arcwelder
Breeders
Brick Layer Cake
Cheap Trick
Danielson Famille
Dead Moon
The Fall
Flour
High Dependency Unit
Low
Mark Robinson
Mission Of Burma
Nina Nastasia
Oxes
P W Long
Plush
The Rachel's
Robbie Fulks
Shannon Wright - TBC
Shellac
Shipping News
Silk Worm
Threnody Ensemble
Upper Crust
Wire
Zeni Geva

Tom Verlaine; will not be performing
Some of you may have noticed that Tom Verlaine is no longer on the bill unfortunately he will not be performing in the UK around the time of the festival anymore. Sorry people!!

what's the fuckin problem, prickface?
aren't you seeing 10 tonnes of deadly bands anyway, and some shit ones? ungrateful prick!

hey joss, apparently sigur ros are playing inside warhol's remain's dancing round the stage singin' corpo songs in flemmish. the cads!

oh, it's obvious i'm not going. cos i think one of the shipping news owns a second-hand major label lp!

No I'm not going Joss. I really want to see Arcwelder + ExOrkest though but Ellen doesn't fancy the travel aspect (ellen being 2 1/2)

I asked both band if they were keen on coming to Ireland - they said they'd only play if the bearded lady would sell all his major label albums.....
"Does that mean you're going Niall?"

yeah, i'd heard that fugazi only weren't playin cuz Joe Lally's wan was havin a baby.
is there another reason?

hmmmm, 1st weekend still looks better overall.
seen oldham enough, but i would've killed to see The New Year.

fuckyfuckyfuck

daz (11 Feb, 2002 11:26 a.m.):
anyone know any good places to go in london by the way??

Depends on what kind of 'good places' yer after and what part of London you'll be in - there's bound to be something half decent in the way of gigs/clubs/exhibitions to go to, even on a Monday - your best bet is to get Time Out, even though you have to wade through an awful load of shite to get to the good stuff. I'll post up if there's anything exceptionally deadly happening that week. Oh, and I can point you towards an all-you-can-eat vegan Chinese restaurant in Soho if that's your kind of thang. It rocks. (I can nver remember what it's called, but it's on Greek Street)

dudley (10 Feb, 2002 12:43 p.m.):

Bonnie Prince Billy
Clint Conley's Consonant
The Ex-Orkestra
Melt Banana
The New Year

Boo boo *Boooooooo*! I love the way they announced this after most people had bought their tickets, the fuckers. I thought it was too good to be true.

Still, shouldn't grumble, line-up is still good and I can meet up with Humpty (the sinsiter singing egg) again, and Dudley can meet up with his Humpty (the camel) again. Of course, if you've never been to the Camber Sands you've no idea waht I'm on about, but you will... oh, you certainly will....

Anonymous Coward (12 Feb, 2002 10:51 a.m.):
so how many here are going?
it seems like a fair few. we could have a piss up over there!

I think we've had this conversation before on another thread, haven't we? Seems to be a whole lotta thumped regulars attending. And judging by previous ATPs, the piss-up will have already started before the train has pulled out of Liverpool St.

Scary black-faced man from behind the diner in Mulholland Drive is scaring me.

Lollo Rosso (12 Feb, 2002 10:41 a.m.):
Depends on what kind of 'good places' yer after and what part of London you'll be in - there's bound to be something half decent in the way of gigs/clubs/exhibitions to go to, even on a Monday - your best bet is to get Time Out, even though you have to wade through an awful load of shite to get to the good stuff. I'll post up if there's anything exceptionally deadly happening that week. Oh, and I can point you towards an all-you-can-eat vegan Chinese restaurant in Soho if that's your kind of thang. It rocks. (I can nver remember what it's called, but it's on Greek Street)

cheers! vegan chinese restaurant sounds really good!!

i think most people here are going to the first weekend yeah?? it does kind of have the bestest line up and im kinda disappointed im gonna miss godspeed, ah fuck.

anyone going to the second weekend??

niall (11 Feb, 2002 10:14 p.m.):
I asked both band if they were keen on coming to Ireland - they said they'd only play if the bearded lady would sell all his major label albums.....

yeah, but i sold them all to right-on derek byrne!
hey, mcguirk, i never thought i'd say this to you but...........prick!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back