bonnie prince this weeeeeek.. (1 Viewer)

Fantastic. Great versions of the songs. And what a nice bloke: he indulged my drunken ramblings for far longer than he probably should of anyway. Feckin' school night gigs though...

Dutchy said:
what an amazing gig.
10 times better than the last vicar st one.
band were great, speshly the drummer.
soundoutofit.

was o.k. - quite a few new tunes which meandered a bit. might be better tonite now that i've heard them once. thought he could have made more varied use of the band i.e. not everyone playing on every tune. also drummer (jandek's) was way too busy for me. gimme jim white any day.

also fyi, no seats so don't rush to be there before harem scarem at 9.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Great, i'm really lookin forward to this.

You should Dave. Harem Scarem were great as a backing band, Oldham's voice mixed with the four female voices worked very well. And I agree with Dutchy, much better than the Vicar St gig. Riding was a total bonus too.

Really good gig I didn't expect A king at night which is my fav BPB song so that was a bonus. I didn't know what to make of Harem Scream when they came on first but thought there harmonies and playing really added to most of the songs.

One thing that pissed me of was the two cunts in front of me. We were about 5 people back right infront of Will and some cunt in a hat with his wreck of a bird were dancing and bumping into everyone around them. I don't mind dancing at all if everyone was doing it but it was only those two... He also couldn't stand still and was blocking the view with his ridiculous hat. At one point they both started doing some hand raising dance not seen since the hayday of the Hacienda at that point I had enough and retreated to the back.

If I ever see you in the street I'll use your hat of a condom and fuck you and your banger bird in the ass with it...

evil bandit said:
Really good gig I didn't expect A king at night which is my fav BPB song so that was a bonus. I didn't know what to make of Harem Scream when they came on first but thought there harmonies and playing really added to most of the songs.

One thing that pissed me of was the two cunts in front of me. We were about 5 people back right infront of Will and some cunt in a hat with his wreck of a bird were dancing and bumping into everyone around them. I don't mind dancing at all if everyone was doing it but it was only those two... He also couldn't stand still and was blocking the view with his ridiculous hat. At one point they both started doing some hand raising dance not seen since the hayday of the Hacienda at that point I had enough and retreated to the back.

If I ever see you in the street I'll use your hat of a condom and fuck you and your banger bird in the ass with it...

I saw them. She kept jumping up and down and clapping her hands. Very annoying. Almost as bad as the guy behind me who kept shouting (in thick country accent) 'Play Tunder Rooooaaaddd.' As if ya stupid bastard.

Wheels said:
'Play Tunder Rooooaaaddd.'

Thankfully, Whelans wasn't as full of tools as it usually is for this sort of thing: apart from this 'tard with his Hilarious song suggestions.

Wheels said:
You should Dave. Harem Scarem were great as a backing band, Oldham's voice mixed with the four female voices worked very well. And I agree with Dutchy, much better than the Vicar St gig. Riding was a total bonus too.

Sound. What time did he start/finish at?

Was it uncomfortably jammed?

I loved the gig although I wasn't to big a fan of the begorah and b'jaysus folk stuff at the start, I would have much preferred to hear Thunder Road.

Will and Tortise did a great version of it.

Fuck all you guys, me and the misses had a great time. You're welcome to come up to me in the street and try take my hat, you'll get a knuckle supper and you're cheekbones pulped to bits....

Last song of the night was I see a darkness, a great gig but I had to go upstairs to be able to see the gig as it was totally wedged downstairs

Looked jammed downstairs - was standing upstairs right of stage and as he stood on the extreme right all I saw of BPB all night was his disembodied left hand forming chords on his guitar, which added to the experience - really liked almost all of the new stuff, the girls singing harmonies were great, really good drummer but maybe overdid it with his twinkly bells at times. In summary, he is still a genius and getting better with age.

Note to cunts who talk through gigs: don't go to gigs, save yourself the money and the potential glassing

I was staggering home from this gig, all locked and with the spins. I really had to find a chemist or something to settle my stomach. Any sort of drugs.

But then i seen a...

harkness.gif

no thumpeders there last night? main set was almost identical but the sound seemed vastly improved - you could clearly hear the banjo, for one thing. also just two songs before harem joined him - one was an amazing version of nomadic revery, the other was a duet on hard life with the irish lass from harem. main gig seemed longer too - didn't finish til 11.45 or so. venue seemed hotter tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back