Bohselecta (1 Viewer)

bobbleball

pity it was such a farcical game. our PE teacher would've blown his top with us if we'd played keystone bobble ball like a heard of sheep the way this match was played. it wont have done anything to showcase the standard of Irish soccer, as it was judged by some.

so here's my argument, show more FAI on tv, get the boys used to viewers and vice versa, create a bit of a buzz and see how things progress. it's not world class stuff but and it never will be, but it deserves better than the token gestures the media dole out. i don't support a particular team, i've been to three eircom matches in the past year but i tuned in for the cup tie and this league decider last night because I COULD as it was being telivised. maybe if it got more coverage people with a passing interest would cultivate a stronger one and would start turning out a bit more?

still, glad bohs won last night and more importantly congrats to them on their league win too

oh....and it would be nice if stephen kenny and the bohs take it easy on poor oul longford this weekend. they deserve to stay up on the basis of their last two games alone (draw with shels and victory over pats) c'mon the town!

Yeah C'mon de town. I don`t think we'll go down. It would be bad if Kenny was so instrumental in our relegation.

well it remains to be seen what nice guy Kenny will do the buckfast/ quick nip army in flancare on saturday. hopefully he'll be so delighted to be back there he and the bohs will back off and join everyone in a night out in blazers eh!

paidí o'sé's comments on the kerry gaa suporters would be well applied to those who follow the drogheda and dundalk sides. they're as civilized as a herd of orks, and more racist than a nest of white chickens (ask a poultry farmer)

Favourite Dundalk related memory is of Tom McNulty punching a Shels player and then, having been sent off, punching the Shels trainer on the way.
I was selling him fishing tackle a year later and apparently they were both giving him 'a bit of the verbals.'

totally unrelated (of course) but just to prove to IFF that i probably shouldn't have cast that stone at dundalk and drogheda......i was watching some funny football, dublin V offaly leinster final 1979 on TG4 on saturday night there and all hell was breaking out on and off the pitch. jimmy K got sent off but brain m kept the assault and battery up, dishing out knuckle sandwiches all over the pitch. there wasn't a lot of footballing skill or sportsmanship involved. simultaneously mind, there was a full scale riot on hill 16, with the odd tentative camera shot of someone been pulverised in the far right corner in a flash of flared trouser and crepe hat.

nothings changed

up the dubs!

Originally posted by the snitch
totally unrelated (of course) but just to prove to IFF that i probably shouldn't have cast that stone at dundalk and drogheda......i was watching some funny football, dublin V offaly leinster final 1979 on TG4 on saturday night there and all hell was breaking out on and off the pitch. jimmy K got sent off but brain m kept the assault and battery up, dishing out knuckle sandwiches all over the pitch. there wasn't a lot of footballing skill or sportsmanship involved. simultaneously mind, there was a full scale riot on hill 16, with the odd tentative camera shot of someone been pulverised in the far right corner in a flash of flared trouser and crepe hat.

nothings changed

up the dubs!

I saw it too. Them old games are great
Brian Mullins walloping the ball off a BIFFO's head.
Great comeback too. 1-4 without reply
Nice to see those bare chests on the Hill.

Originally posted by the snitch
totally unrelated (of course) but just to prove to IFF that i probably shouldn't have cast that stone at dundalk and drogheda

i agree weith you, it's a good thing that they are kept apart in leagues or else all hell would break out

anyway good drogheda beat shels last night. i personally didn't think drogheda had a chance of winning beforehand

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back