boards.ie are fucking lunatics (2 Viewers)

My more polite, saner, non-ranty side posts regularly on baords, and I'm a hosted moderator now (got my own Spurs supporters club forum)

I can't understand why you all want to go on a message board that you obviously dislike, do you all head into Club M on a Saturday night as well?

Their site, their rules.

Kirstie, not sure what post you got banned for, but was it under the username "beautie"? Each forum has a different charter, some decided by mods, some agreed upon by posters. You get away with posting gig announcements because thats what the gig/events forum is for. Your blog post got banned because it seemed to be the only reason you joined up, so looks like spam.

GET HIM LADS, GET HIM

GERRRRRRUP!!!!!!!

J U D A S

Well I did PM a mod on the Rock/Metal board this morning and ask him why they took down my post about a rock n roll gig, I asked was it cos it wasn't metal enough for em? Maybe that didn't go down to well.

I'm picturing the Metal Mod spitting fire at me, "down you go DOWN TO HELL with your pathetic not rock enough user account..."

It's ok to post 'spam' as long as you're in with the cool gang, yeah? Fucking hypocrites.

Yeah, the same way Pete's a fucking hypocrite for letting Andrew post pictures of dead jews but if a Stormfronter did it...?

not knocking ya Pete!

Fact is, if you're known on a site you're given more leeway than a newbie. Thought process goes something like: n00b, first post, look at my deadly site, spam VS. regular, posts quite a bit, not a trouble maker, not spam.

Its not that hard to get your head around really.

Well I did PM a mod on the Rock/Metal board this morning and ask him why they took down my post about a rock n roll gig, I asked was it cos it wasn't metal enough for em? Maybe that didn't go down to well.

Maybe it was the fact that you ignored the "NO ADVERTISING.
Advertising, or pimping for anything is completely out of the question." bit in the charter.

Advertising, or pimping for anything is completely out of the question." bit in the charter.

Its a very rock n roll attitude for a music discussion board to have, it truly is. I had posted as myself quite a few times before, definitely not enough to be 'known' but I don't want to be in the Boards gang. I don't wanna be in any gang but my own! Rules rules rules blah blah blah. A wise man once said, rock n roll ain't noise pollution.

Its a very rock n roll attitude for a music discussion board to have, it truly is. I had posted as myself quite a few times before, definitely not enough to be 'known' but I don't want to be in the Boards gang. I don't wanna be in any gang but my own! Rules rules rules blah blah blah. A wise man once said, rock n roll ain't noise pollution.

1988_wwf_quaker_dipps_8.jpg

not knocking ya Pete!

See, this kind of over-polite don't-step-on-anyone's-toes bullshit attitude is the pits, and it's what epitomises boards.ie.

Either have the courage of your convictions or else don't post.

It's not consistent, and is therefore unfair, especially on a board where so much effort expended on control and monitoring is justified by the supposed 'fairness' of having a set of consistent rules. Thumped isn't run that way, so it's not a legitimate comparison.

Or to put it another way, if you want to believe that boards.ie isn't a crock of shit, fine - but don't expect the rest of us to be persuaded.

See, this kind of over-polite don't-step-on-anyone's-toes bullshit attitude is the pits, and it's what epitomises boards.ie.

I added it because I don't have a problem with Pete's moderation of this board. I couldn't give a flying fuck about hurting people's feelings, if that isn't obvious by now it never will be.

Go fuck yourself.

See?

Or to put it another way, if you want to believe that boards.ie isn't a crock of shit, fine - but don't expect the rest of us to be persuaded.

I couldn't care what you think of it, but if its that bad why do people continue to post there? Like I said earlier, you don't see a load of thupedsters heading in to Club M of a Saturday, why the fuck would you want to be somewhere you don't like?

I couldn't care what you think of it, but if its that bad why do people continue to post there? Like I said earlier, you don't see a load of thupedsters heading in to Club M of a Saturday, why the fuck would you want to be somewhere you don't like?

I would have thought that this was forehead-slappingly obvious, but it looks like it's not: they go to the board in order to contact the other people who also use the board. They don't go there because the moderators are idiots - they go there despite the moderators being idiots. In the process of letting people know about cool stuff, they have to battle through a layer of ban-happy moderators, long lists of arbitrarily-applied rules, and general toadying bullshit. Fine if you want to ignore the extremely obvious, but I don't see why you're so intent in defending it.

I'm not trying to defend anything, just trying to provide some context to balance out the consensus on here.

I would have thought that this was forehead-slappingly obvious, but it looks like it's not: they go to the board in order to contact the other people who also use the board.

Thats great, but its still somewhere they don't like being. I won't go into a bar where there's a good chance I'll get chucked out by a bouncer for wearing runners, or where the bar staff are shit at their jobs, regardless of who's supping a pint at the bar.

If people want to use someone else's resource to publicise gigs or sell gig tickets thats fine, but they need to accept its somebody elses site, if they're not happy with the rules don't post.

Anyway, fuck it. Why am I wasting my time on this shit?

Yeah, the same way Pete's a fucking hypocrite for letting Andrew post pictures of dead jews but if a Stormfronter did it...?

not knocking ya Pete!

Fact is, if you're known on a site you're given more leeway than a newbie. Thought process goes something like: n00b, first post, look at my deadly site, spam VS. regular, posts quite a bit, not a trouble maker, not spam.

It's not consistent, and is therefore unfair, especially on a board where so much effort expended on control and monitoring is justified by the supposed 'fairness' of having a set of consistent rules. Thumped isn't run that way, so it's not a legitimate comparison.

I added it because I don't have a problem with Pete's moderation of this board. I couldn't give a flying fuck about hurting people's feelings, if that isn't obvious by now it never will be.

Go fuck yourself.

See?

I would have thought that this was forehead-slappingly obvious, but it looks like it's not: they go to the board in order to contact the other people who also use the board. They don't go there because the moderators are idiots - they go there despite the moderators being idiots. In the process of letting people know about cool stuff, they have to battle through a layer of ban-happy moderators, long lists of arbitrarily-applied rules, and general toadying bullshit. Fine if you want to ignore the extremely obvious, but I don't see why you're so intent in defending it.

I'm not trying to defend anything, just trying to provide some context to balance out the consensus on here.

Thats great, but its still somewhere they don't like being. I won't go into a bar where there's a good chance I'll get chucked out by a bouncer for wearing runners, or where the bar staff are shit at their jobs, regardless of who's supping a pint at the bar.

If people want to use someone else's resource to publicise gigs or sell gig tickets thats fine, but they need to accept its somebody elses site, if they're not happy with the rules don't post.

Anyway, fuck it. Why am I wasting my time on this shit?

IT'S ON!

LIKE DONKEY KONG!

EXCEPT IM GONNA POST PICTURES OF GORILLAS!

33478821.IMG_4387.jpg

fighting_gorillas_0.jpg

Silverback-in-mist-new-scan.jpg

Silverback.jpg

knock a certain musical promotion company too while yr there....
yeah boards sucks ass,everyone on there is so ultra polite to the point of me throwing up all over my keyboard the one time i was on.even thinking about it makes me queasy.

but whatever you do, DON'T mention gigsmart - they've got shotguns underneath the shop counters at boards
it's true, y'know

:eek:
- leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back