Bintifada (1 Viewer)

niallmc said:
Antin Bin Tax meeting tonight in Donnycarney had 18 people.... Meeting tomorrow Tuesday May 24 in Horse and Hound Kilbarrack. Protest on June 9, more to follow
so is everyone getting a refund cos they were found to be illegal then?

So, urban and rural households pay the same €110 fee? Doesn't seem right, its not how we do it back home ladz.

pisser.

What is the rate increase? Is there an explanation for the shortfall? Is there any explanation why they announced this coming up to christmas?

anyway, you paddies are loaded these days. 2 quid a week is naathin.

on another note: Each person in Ireland produces 220 kg of packaging waste against the EU-15 average of 172 kg/capita

packaging_waste_production_per_capita_in_europe.jpg

So, urban and rural households pay the same €110 fee? Doesn't seem right, its not how we do it back home ladz.

one thing i learnded meself since trying to defend the whole bin tax principle is that there is no fair tax. people will always subsidise others and there will always be freeriders.

i'm fucking sick of massive bills to fuck.

i could strangle maggie thatcher

pisser.

What is the rate increase?

it's a switch from a bin tag / pay by use system to a flat charge. so i might as well just fuck the recycling and put the black bin out every week since i'm going to be billed for it anyway, instead of recycling as much as possible and putting the bin out every 6 to 8 weeks.

yay progress.

it's a switch from a bin tag / pay by use system to a flat charge. so i might as well just fuck the recycling and put the black bin out every week since i'm paying for it anyway, instead of recycling as much as possible and putting the bin out every 6 to 8 weeks.

yay progress.

depressing.

i'm not going home for crimbo.

it's a switch from a bin tag / pay by use system to a flat charge. so i might as well just fuck the recycling and put the black bin out every week since i'm paying for it anyway, instead of recycling as much as possible and putting the bin out every 6 to 8 weeks.

yay progress.

This'll really piss you off. My understanding is that the the black bin charge will remain and that the €110 goes towards you getting a brown bin too for compostable waste and that and the green bin will now be picked up on a fortnightly basis.

This'll really piss you off. My understanding is that the the black bin charge will remain and that the €110 goes towards you getting a brown bin too for compostable waste and that and the green bin will now be picked up on a fortnightly basis.
no, the tags are going according to that rte piece

and we already have a brown bin, but they can have that and the green one back since they'll just be taking up space in my garden from next year.

my understanding is that the tags will stay and you'll have to pay a flat fee on top of this while they "expand" the service. Dublin City Council has that policy in for the past while.
Sure aren't we going to get a huge incinerator that needs waste to burn, lets forget about the recyling lark and put it all in there........

yeah on re-reading the RTE piece it looks like that's it alright...

Up to now, residents in Fingal only had to pay for the tag they placed on their rubbish bags for collection. Not any more.

brilliant

ah no, sure our green party minister of the environment will put a stop to that!

Or not.

the state of that model in the photo. it's like a 2 year olds school projects.

the whole waste management industry has a time limit in my view...

my job relates to how industry prevents creating the waste in the first place. I had to run a very interesting workshop the other week for waste management professionals.. It basically came down me showing them how we are getting companies to design them out of a job

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back