bill hicks night in the olympia tonight (1 Viewer)

skinnerchinner

any idea what the craic is with this ?

im going , no idea what the deal is with it

i have a feeling it will be real good or real shit
or maybe somewhere in between

Am I the only one who thinks the idea of someone reciting somebody else's comedy act verbatim is utterly bizarre?

Nope!!!

I read a short description of this show somewhere and i got the impression it's actually a guy pretending to be Bill Hicks but doing routines covering today's issues (dubya, weapons of mass destruction, iraq etc.)

truly odd

and most likely shite

it said in the event guide that it's more theatre than standup. the guy who's "playing" Bill Hicks is doing a similar show about Keith Moon too i think.

its a guy impersonating him. bill hicks is rolling over in his grave.
23 euro to see some guy who's seen the famous bill hicks dvd enough times to think he can warrant 23 euro out of peoples wallets. seriously, bill impersonator, go kill yourself. seriously. this is the kind of shit that makes me cry a bit on the inside. if every member of tonights audience just bought a bill hicks dvd, theyd enjoy it more AND could watch it as many times as this fuckin vulture

Is there anything that would annoy Bill more than this shite? Maybe if someone gave him the Jimi Hendrix Vodka treatment.

If it's just some guy reciting Bill Hicks routines then it would be great craic to turn up and shout out all the punchlines before the pseudo Bill can get them out :D :D :D :D

Saw him about 2 years ago. It is bad. He just updates the old jokes with topical news and throws in the same punchlines. He slags of the Hicks family quite a bit as well. All in all, not worth the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back