bill callahan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
playin the village on 10th of august.hope he plays belfast as well

deadly. was listening to a river aint too much... today. that song 'the well' is amazing. dang.

I could not work
So I threw a bottle into the woods
And then I felt bad
For the doe paw
And the rabbit paw
So I went looking for the pieces
Of the bottle that I threw
Because I couldn’t work

I went deep
Further than i could throw
And i came upon an old abandoned well
All boarded over
With a drip hanging from the bucket still

Well I watched that drip but it would not drop
I watched that drip but it would not drop
I knew what I had to do
Had to pull those boards off the well

When I got the boards off
I stared into the black black black
And you know I had to yell
Just to get my voice back

I guess everybody has their own thing
That they yell into a well

I gave it a coupla hoots
A hello
And a fuck all y’all

I guess everybody has their own thing
That they yell into a well

And as I stood like that
Staring into the black black black
I felt a cool wet kiss
On the back of my neck

Dang

I knew if I stood up
The drip would roll down my back
Into no man’s land

So I stayed like that
Staring into the black black black

Well they say black is all colours at once
So I gave it my red rage my yellow streak
The greenest parts of me
And my blues I knew just what I had to do

I had to turn around and go back
And let that drip roll down my back
And I felt so bad about that

But wouldn’t you know
When I turned to go
Another drip was forming
On the bottom of the bucket
And I felt so good about that

this is wonderful news altogether

any idea about tickets?

fucking great. except the village part. his new album is sublime and his set at ATP was too short..
i hated his new album... and now i love it...

missed his last whelans gig in june '05 'cause i was on me holidays so very happy about this announcement...

I caught him about two years ago in Whelans, the places was rammed, the sound was awful, every smelly chatty ass hole was all up in my face, it was centre of the sun hot... really painful, one of those nights where you just wonder why you bother leaving the house ever...

I caught him about two years ago in Whelans, the places was rammed, the sound was awful, every smelly chatty ass hole was all up in my face, it was centre of the sun hot... really painful, one of those nights where you just wonder why you bother leaving the house ever...
yeah actually. i havent been out to a quiet gig in town in ages. ill bring my shut-up stick.

makes me a tad less pissed off about missing that gig...

i agree though - whelans is the worst place on earth when they overcrowd it...

I assume he still does Smog songs or has he moved completely away from all that?

The June 2005 gig was equal parts great and shit, everytime he got a vibe going and I was really into it then you would hear someone shouting at the bar or talking then I'd get back into it and someone would push there way past me and I'd get pissed off again then he played Vessel In Vain and I couldn't get annoyed anymore after that.

It really was too packed and they just left the doors to the venue open so you not only got all the talkers at the bar but cars going past and general outside noises from smokers and passer bys....

He was ace of spades when he played The Shelter way back when. Jim White on drums, John McEntire on bass and Jim O'Rourke on lead guitar. Post-rock supergroup.
Purdy good at this year's ATP too.

he certainly played a fair few smog songs at D3 ATP

I assume he still does Smog songs or has he moved completely away from all that?

The June 2005 gig was equal parts great and shit, everytime he got a vibe going and I was really into it then you would hear someone shouting at the bar or talking then I'd get back into it and someone would push there way past me and I'd get pissed off again then he played Vessel In Vain and I couldn't get annoyed anymore after that.

It really was too packed and they just left the doors to the venue open so you not only got all the talkers at the bar but cars going past and general outside noises from smokers and passer bys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back