Bigley possibly dead. (1 Viewer)

jaysis. the poor dude.

I thought he was mean to be handed over to the people that released those Italian women?

I actually suspected he was going to be killed the day Blair made his speech to the Labour party conference.

spiritualtramp said:
I thought he was mean to be handed over to the people that released those Italian women?
reuters said:
British hostage Kenneth Bigley escaped briefly from his captors shortly before they beheaded him in Iraq, insurgent sources said Saturday. They said Bigley managed to get away for about half an hour with the help of one of his captors before he was caught in farmland near the town of Latifiya, southwest of Baghdad.

The fate of his accomplice was not immediately known. Bigley had been held by the Tawhid and Jihad group led by Jordanian Islamist militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

British and Iraqi officials have declined comment on an earlier report from a Western security source that Bigley was killed after trying to escape with help from an insider, but they have denied that he died after a failed rescue attempt.

The insurgent sources said Bigley's killing might also have been precipitated by a major U.S.-Iraqi security sweep in the last few days against guerrillas and criminals roaming a triangle of towns, including Latifiya, southwest of Baghdad.

British embassy officials refused to comment.

jaysus, who knows. http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....X0OQZWCRBAELCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=6457757

Listen lads, wats with all this empathy shite? all the hostages went over for danger money. the whole stupid war started with gobshite americans tryin to right the wrongs in iraq, if you all mind your own fuckin business and let the iraqies get on it with noone outside iraq will get the heads cut off them. tony blairs thinkin of goin into africa now to do more gun ho problem solvin !!! fuckin stupid!

SheHadShakes said:
Listen lads, wats with all this empathy shite? !
ummm cos its not nice when anyone is killed.

SheHadShakes said:
all the hostages went over for danger money.
those Italian women didn't. they were aid workers.

SheHadShakes said:
fuckin stupid!
says someone who is not even capable of spelling things correctly.

In relation to Ken Bigley, where the fuck do the Irish government get off? Six months ago or was it more they get this big bill passed that if you weren't living in the country for x amount of time when you were born here, you aren't an Irish citizen. Then they decide to completely ignore their own rules and issue Ken Bigley an Irish Passport out of nowhere. Seems like a case of "If we don't want you to be a citizen, we'll just change the rules and you can fuck off, but if we want a bit of international admiration, welcome to Ireland."

Cormcolash said:
In relation to Ken Bigley, where the fuck do the Irish government get off? Six months ago or was it more they get this big bill passed that if you weren't living in the country for x amount of time when you were born here, you aren't an Irish citizen. Then they decide to completely ignore their own rules and issue Ken Bigley an Irish Passport out of nowhere. Seems like a case of "If we don't want you to be a citizen, we'll just change the rules and you can fuck off, but if we want a bit of international admiration, welcome to Ireland."

I hate to rain on the government bashing party but they didn't ignore their own rules.

he qualified for an Irish passport as his mother was Irish.

from oasis.ie

"If you were born outside Ireland to an Irish citizen who was himself or herself born in Ireland, then you are an Irish citizen."

I doubt they issued the passport for international admiration. they were trying to save a mans life.

They did more than just issue a passport, they went on arab tv and contacted lots of people in the middle east. check this out, it is from wikipedia.

The Irish also contacted prominent figures in the Arab world who—it was hoped—might be seen by the kidnappers as being closer to their likely political position Following these Irish initiatives, both Muammar Gaddafi and Yasser Arafat went public, calling for Mr. Bigley to be released.

and by the way, it wasn't just Bertie that pleaded for Bigleys life on al-Jazeera, it was also Gerry Adams and Michael D Higgins.

spiritualtramp said:
I hate to rain on the government bashing party but they didn't ignore their own rules.

he qualified for an Irish passport as his mother was Irish.

from oasis.ie

"If you were born outside Ireland to an Irish citizen who was himself or herself born in Ireland, then you are an Irish citizen."

I doubt they issued the passport for international admiration. they were trying to save a mans life.

They did more than just issue a passport, they went on arab tv and contacted lots of people in the middle east. check this out, it is from wikipedia.

The Irish also contacted prominent figures in the Arab world who—it was hoped—might be seen by the kidnappers as being closer to their likely political position Following these Irish initiatives, both Muammar Gaddafi and Yasser Arafat went public, calling for Mr. Bigley to be released.

and by the way, it wasn't just Bertie that pleaded for Bigleys life on al-Jazeera, it was also Gerry Adams and Michael D Higgins.

Fair enough. I must have missed the bit where the Irish government tried to do the same thing for all those US citizens that were kidnapped though, but maybe I just didn't hear about it because those cases weren't as high-profile as the Ken Bigley case.

Cormcolash said:
Fair enough. I must have missed the bit where the Irish government tried to do the same thing for all those US citizens that were kidnapped though, but maybe I just didn't hear about it because those cases weren't as high-profile as the Ken Bigley case.

yawn.

the government were asked to help by the Bigley family. which is why they got involved. you dig?

seeing as they had no connection to Ireland whatsoever, can you please explain why the families of the US citizens that were kidnapped would ask for help from the Irish government?

considering you didn't even get your facts straight on Irish citizenship before you laid into the government over their involvement in the Bigley case I'm just going to assume this is just another pointless attempt by you to give out about the government just for the sake of it.

did you vote in the citizenship referendum? from your earlier post it appears you didn't have a clue what it was about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back