Biatholan (Swim + Cycle) (1 Viewer)

Beanstalk

Website
www.myspace.com
Or maybe its called a duathlon...

Is there any amateur comps run around ireland for folk who want to do just swimming and cycling?

I injured my foot a few years back so I can't really run, but most 2-event events seem to be either run+cycle or run+swim. I've checked www.triathlonireland.com but doens't seem to be a swim+cycle.

I've been told you could probably do a tag-team triatholan, and get someone to do the running bit for you, but I wouldn't be taking it mad seriously, so I don't want to be responsible for slowing someone else down.

I think that's a duathlon. I think a biathlon, technically, is shooting and someting else weird.

But most duathlons are just running and biking. You could maybe find someone to do the running bit of the Focus Ireland tri?

I think it's August bank holiday weekend.

I'd do it as your designated runner, but I really don't want to do any competitive events, even just for fun. I'm thinking trying to volunteer at it anyway, though.

The other thing is, since the running is usually the last event, you could just walk the running leg of it. It's probably only 5k.

The other thing is, since the running is usually the last event, you could just walk the running leg of it. It's probably only 5k.

That's a good idea, Jane.

I wouldn't be going for any trophies or anything, so not worried about placing... just something to keep me interested and train for...sense of achievement, n'all.

That's a good idea, Jane.

I wouldn't be going for any trophies or anything, so not worried about placing... just something to keep me interested and train for...sense of achievement, n'all.

Yeah, if you're only doing it for fun, then it doesn't matter. And in fact, it's probably the safest of the three events to half-blow-off because it requires the least amount of organisation.

Like, if they have to reopen the roads and you're still walking, it's a lot less hassle than if you were still swimming or biking.

You may find that there are a lot of others walking, too. Most people just do these things for the cameraderie and the sense of accomplishment anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back