Beth Ditto - shut up (1 Viewer)

yes kathleen hanna took her clothes off..but i dont recall seeing her on the front of the nme trying to hawk a few extra copies of a dodge single reissue..

my main issue with this is that i dont think beth ditto took off her gear for any other reason but to try and sell a few copies of her album or single or whatever..my main thing about pj harvey was that she's not harping on about women getting an equal place and whatnot and thengetting her gear off...

i wouldn't call her a media whore. I would say the NME are using her. I don't mean that in the sense that they forced her to appear naked, cos they clearly didn't.

this is hardly the first time we have heard of her! she has been interviewed/picture left right and centre at the moment. Yes i am sure media organisations contact her but most of this is done through her publisist, her agent and herself. It does seem as though see loves the limelight. Why would anyone give a shit about what she thinks of kate moss. I am fairly sure most people here have a low opinion of kate moss and pete fuckhead for their media whoring. Why should beth be any different....because she is fat.....thats just fatist

my main thing about pj harvey was that she's not harping on about women getting an equal place and whatnot and thengetting her gear off...

My main thing about her is why does she feel the need to say she's not a feminist when by doing what she does music-wise she is one. Being a feminist doesn't mean going around with placards or trying to burn men on pyres and it really annoys me that people think it is because that view of it is the result of media sensationalism dating back to the 70s. I did my undergrad thesis years ago on feminism in early 90s music and there were several other musicians too who claimed that they weren't feminist. Sure why should women have to be political about being in music but at the same time why feel the need to deny being feminists?

its pretty shocking alright..one of my pet peeves is people who say 'im not a feminist, im a humanist'..arrgghhhhhhhhhhhh

i read that bjork doesnt want to associate herself as being a feminist either..and nelly furtado gave a ridiculous interview where she said she was brainwashed by feminists...yuck...

Did feminists invent the word feminist or did they have it thrust upon them?

i think shes been brainwashed by this guy:

nyet15303071738.widec.jpg
:):)

I'm keeping this thread alive!

beth ditto in the issue of nme in question said:
“If there’s anyone to blame for size zero, it’s not women."

“Blame gay men who work in the fashion industry who want these women as dolls. "

Eating disorders? Blame gay men!

(like most things I stole this from xrrf.blogspot.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back