Best/Worst Ad currently on TV (1 Viewer)

What's the story with the two fuckheads and the baldy cat for meteor? That ad is risible. Who passed it for public consumption? All those meteor ads freak me out. They cause me to contemplate a certain type of twat working in media/advertising in Ireland, who actually get paid to develop such horrendous concepts to finality. This act of contemplation usually causes me to subsequently break my fist against something hard like a wall. Other ads that annoy me are anything twee with beardy skinny dudes and girls in summer dresses flouncing about in fields to winsome Joanna Newsome style vocals, and those Diet Coke do your thing ads. Anything really with those mid twenties fun-loving can back-pack if I wanna and set up a bar on a beach type morons pricking about on rollerskates with ipods hanging out of their holes.

There's no such thing as a good ad. Its all just cheap manipulative spectacle. Why is this thread even celebrating ads?

This is why marketing is sinister:
http://www.spellingmistakescostlives.com/santa/articles/nestlejapan.htm

If you can't be arsed reading it, it tells of how an ex child-psychiatrist turned ad-man figured out how to sell coffee to tea-mad Japanese: He sold the idea to kids first and followed them as they grew over 15 years. This is how deep all ads would go into your subconscious if they could.

if someone can post a link to that Lemsip ad about Ian making a merger and seperating the men from the boys I'd be a very happy man...

Behold the greatest add ever...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seent he Heineken 'memory hotel' one about three times now and I still haven't figured it out

At first I thought they were celebrating the way alcohol kills brain cells but that can't be right...

So... the band.. he doesn't like them and wants to get rid of the memory? or something?

I took it to be that the hotel has as its guests all the memories the guy has in his head. But there's only so much room. Like in the first as they had to get rid of the memories of the washed out camping trip to make way for the woman he just met and of the driving instructor to make room for the man he was talking to. Then the whole band pop into his head and they need to be found a room, so something else must go.

Maybe?

I took it to be that the hotel has as its guests all the memories the guy has in his head. But there's only so much room. Like in the first as they had to get rid of the memories of the washed out camping trip to make way for the woman he just met and of the driving instructor to make room for the man he was talking to. Then the whole band pop into his head and they need to be found a room, so something else must go.

Maybe?

thats exactly what i thought..like everything is a new memory..or something..

Best gee-hygiene product ad i've seen

i laughed

My fella has an irrational dislike of the sweat-obsessed Sure robots. He thinks they're prevs. Not completely irrational like, it is crap, but OH, how he HATES them!

The Guinness dot is quite annoying too, but in a low key sort of way. I think that one is gone now that the office workers are all turning their office tower into a pint. Just go to the pub, assholes.

My fella has an irrational dislike of the sweat-obsessed Sure robots. He thinks they're prevs. Not completely irrational like, it is crap, but OH, how he HATES them!

The Guinness dot is quite annoying too, but in a low key sort of way. I think that one is gone now that the office workers are all turning their office tower into a pint. Just go to the pub, assholes.

post these ads you speak of, please.

We don't get them in the Southern Hemi...

post these ads you speak of, please.

We don't get them in the Southern Hemi...

Here's one

There's more of them but YouTube just keeps asking me if I want to see some super robots.

I love this

MOOOOOOON PIIIIIIIIG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back