Anchorman
American Splendour
Motorcycle Diaries
Before Sunset

BEST DVD RELEASE:
Seinfeld Boxset

BEST ALBUMS:
The Killers-Hot Fuss
The Shins - Chutes too narrow (even if last year)

BIGGEST LET DOWNS THAT ARE STILL GOOD
Elliott Smith- From A Basement....
R.E.M. - Around the Sun

BEST TRIP:
5months in Helsinki!
The Booze cruise over to Estonia from there every other weekend
Stockholm
Munchen (Sweet Beer!)
Down the Shannon in weirdo September Sun

BEST BEER:
Duvel - Belgium
Rolling Rock - Canada??
Paulaner- Germany
Koff- Finland
Guinness- UK (hahahaha;)

Rimbaud said:
Best of 2004?
Going to Zanzibar for a week or Sun, Sea, Tarrab, & Reggae.

Going to Flufffest in Czech Republic to witness some of the last every gigs by Yage & Highscore -as well as seeing The Liars in Prague:
see cool photo i took!!
Liars2.jpg

Jazz Funeral in Cork/Fred Zepplins - some amazing bands in a shitty room.

Going to Chefchaouen in the Rif Mountains, Morrocco, a town with no bars/alcohol, Mint Tea, Good Sufi music and some of the finest hashish and carpets in the world.
http://hiptravelguide.com/morocco/chaouen.htm - Chefchaouen

http://hiptravelguide.com/morocco/rif.htm - Kif in the Rif Valley.

All in all a very pro-active year.
oh..and lots of music too.
what!?!?!??!??!

Yage are splitting up?!?!?!??!

telford collier said:
killing americans on halo 2 on x box live. it's the new cocaine.

Album: Mastadon, Leviathan.|..| :mad: .|..|

Listening to leviathan whilst killing americans in halo 2 - the new horoine
Oh yes... is that the Leviathan that's on that tUMULt label?

Rimbaud said:
Best of 2004?
Going to Zanzibar for a week or Sun, Sea, Tarrab, & Reggae.
Wow you've been to Zanzibar, Rimbaud! I was there way back some time in the last decade. What an amazing place. I was in Tanzania for a couple of months and went over a few times. Stayed on a beach on the eastern side that was the most impossibly beautiful place I think I've ever seen. Does Mr Mitu still do the spice tours? Do the touts still meet you off the boat and force you to go to a hotel of their choosing? Is the chit-chat restaurant in Stone Town still there which does the most amazing Goan coconut squid curry?

My favourite place in the world, no quesiton, no competition. I desperately want to go back ..... so you went for a week? How much did it cost? How did you get there? Maybe you'd better PM me as I'm sure this is really boring for everyone else ...

Oh yeah best of 2004: eh, Comets On Fire, getting into Phoenix, going to Shanghai, going "on tour" in Scotland, loads of stuff other people have said already ...

Best records: Ten past seven demo, new pinback album
Best gigs: hella, melt-banana (x 3), nisennen mondai, mono, cleaner, pele, battles

Gong Farmer said:
Oh yes... is that the Leviathan that's on that tUMULt label?

nope - 'leviathan' is on relapse - probably my favourite album of the year cos it's all about hunting whales and shit.

your obsession with tumult is kinda weird, billy

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
nope - 'leviathan' is on relapse - probably my favourite album of the year cos it's all about hunting whales and shit.

your obsession with tumult is kinda weird, billy

andrew
best album definitely
hearts alive incredible

Well i was going for 2 weeks until my train was late arriving in Dublin, which in turn resulted in me missing my plane to London - so when i got to london i missed my plane to Tanzania - and ended up staying in london for 2 days(first time in England) - so roughly ended up with just over a week there - too short.
Went on my own, as i intend on (sometime) traveling Russia/Siberia indepentantly for a few months - so i thought going to Tanzania on my own for 2 weeks would give me a bit of a crash course in hardy lone travel!!
Stayed on the east coast too - Paje/Jambiani at Mustafa Place, a rasta type accomodation.
Went on some spice tour but don`t know who was running it.

Yes the touts are still there(probably worse than ever) - i don`t really have patience for them so i did`nt really stop or give them time to hassle me, as i kind of knew where i was going(well pretended like i did, had`nt a notion really!).
Dar Es Salaam put the shits up me concerning touts and gereral lunacy!!!Crazy fuckin city.But culture shock and the fact that it was the first african city i`d been in, may have had alot to do with it - and the damned Humidity!!!And cokroaches!!
Zanzibar is brillant though - everyone should check it out.
Price:700 Euro return(last April) via heatrow.
Accommodation:10 to 15$ per night(bearing in mind that this was off-season and i went for pretty decent hotels)
Spent about 200 Euro in total when i was there, between trips/food/buying stuff/going out/accomodation.Its a great place to go on your own - plenty indepentant/solo travallers.In fact, i spent maybe 2 evenings on my own, i was out with people either local or travellers the rest of the time.

You should go back!Must have been pretty damn amazing 10 years ago!
Its not really built up or anything now either - maybe 2 or 3 more upmarket hotels have sprung up on the east coast.But probably pretty similar to when you were there.

hugh said:
Wow you've been to Zanzibar, Rimbaud! I was there way back some time in the last decade. What an amazing place. I was in Tanzania for a couple of months and went over a few times. Stayed on a beach on the eastern side that was the most impossibly beautiful place I think I've ever seen. Does Mr Mitu still do the spice tours? Do the touts still meet you off the boat and force you to go to a hotel of their choosing? Is the chit-chat restaurant in Stone Town still there which does the most amazing Goan coconut squid curry?

My favourite place in the world, no quesiton, no competition. I desperately want to go back ..... so you went for a week? How much did it cost? How did you get there? Maybe you'd better PM me as I'm sure this is really boring for everyone else ...

IFF said:
best record: Forthemasses by OPM though it was only released so far in the uSA, closely followed by i can do nice by saso, blueberry boat by fiery furnaces, let it die by feist, the lost riots by hope of the states

best movie: haven't seen any movies that were released this year

Best gig: Saso @Temple Bar Music Centre, August 5th

though i am going to blink 182 next week so maybe saso would be confined to second best. i don't know

full saso track up here if you wanna listen.

clonan attack said:
Films:
Eternal Sunshine
Lost in Translation
Anchorman
American Splendour
Motorcycle Diaries
Before Sunset

BEST ALBUMS:
The Killers-Hot Fuss
The Shins - Chutes too narrow (even if last year)

Can't complain with much of this except...
BEST EP RELEASE -
DRY COUNTY... brilliant, and that's it!

spady said:
Can't complain with much of this except...
BEST EP RELEASE -
DRY COUNTY... brilliant, and that's it!
yea,what i've heard off that's been great.no TenPastSeven Ep though imho
crayonsmith's was great too and that windings demo.good year for EpEire

Brian Conniffe said:
DJ /Rupture: The Bidoun Sessions
i didn't know he'd had anything out since minesweeper suite. cool! i am going to go in search of it in "the shops" after work today, methinks.

this thread has me thinkin how long its been since ive seen a newish film
last and probably only time in cinema this year was LOTR3 (no way worthy of any awards , except perhaps longest most drawn out ending)
as for dvds i cant remember

best music of year - doom in his many guises
new irish band - 7.10
best holiday/match/city - paris

Best Band 2004 - What exactly makes a band best band of a year? My favourite during this year maybe... Hard to figure out how much time I gave to each band in the number one spot... But they'd have to also be doing stuff in 2004, I couldn't pick Talking Heads even though I may have listened to them more than anyone else in 2004... Let's see, maybe Q and not U.

^^^Shit!! Who cares?

Best film (released here) 2004 - Infernal Affairs 2. Fucking so good.

Best episode of Forensic Detectives shown in 2004 - The one where the detectives work out how the girl was poisoned.

Best Tv show 2004 - Sopranos series 5/CSI

Best gig - Not Shellac, probably Puget Sound, Killing Spree, Rest in City Arts Centre. Ten Past Seven were amazing in Kilcoole aswell.

Best tv show in the slew of new Irish ones - The Clinic. Wow Irish Tv actors have discovered acting!!!

Best radio station - Newstalk 106

minka said:
i didn't know he'd had anything out since minesweeper suite. cool! i am going to go in search of it in "the shops" after work today, methinks.
"The Bidouin Sessions" is a mix CD done with Mutamassik. However, this year he's also put out "Special Gunpowder" which is all his own production work (albeit with a gazillion guest vocalists, including Sister Nancy of "Bam Bam" fame).

Paul

photon said:
"The Bidouin Sessions" is a mix CD done with Mutamassik. However, this year he's also put out "Special Gunpowder" which is all his own production work (albeit with a gazillion guest vocalists, including Sister Nancy of "Bam Bam" fame).

Paul
iiiinteresting. do you have these items? can i borrow them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back