Best Of 2001 - NO PATHS ALLOWED (3 Viewers)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
best gig: trans am/fucking champs.

best 7": c4o (greyslate, 100% gem).

best record: fugazi, the argument.

best local record: joan of arse, distant hearts...

best guys: lazybird dudes, by a long shot.

best dancin: thomas the skank engine.

best boozer: tenters in blackpits.

highlights: ewan jarvis, playing in limerick, playing with montana pete, recording the daemo cd with j.bassetti, loads of people being super-kind and helpful (the scene that gets it's round in and all that), things, putting on oxes, trans am/champs and tara jane o'neil, discovering the joys of the peZheadZ & co., the jimmy cakes and moving house last night. and dave and mark of course.

2002 is gonna be super.

oh yeah, daemien frost will release 'the sexy ep' in 2002, 4 songs:

1. sexy does it
2. sexy nacker
3. sexy sexy
4. sexy willy

expect it early summer. :)

Best Performance By A Guy With A Delay Pedal
- David Pajo opening for Labradford at TBMC

Best Cover Version
- Pajo again, doing an acoustic version of "The Last Caress" at The Shelter. He transformed it from a cheap teen shocker into a sombre, erotic paean to death. Gave me nausea for days.

Best Club
- Lazybird. No competition.

Best Film
- Songs From the Second Floor

Best Race
- The human

I'd just like to thank all you guys and gals for existing. <SNIFF> Christ, I'm turning into Gwyneth Paltrow. (Can only be an improvement, I know, I know.)

my top stuff of this year:

top fall of 2001:
the one on city quay where the spike heel of my right boot got caught in the turn up on my left trouser leg resulting in my legs being bound together and me sliding a good 6 ft along the wet ground on my face. a special mention must go to the fact that i continued a mobile phone conversation throughout all this.

Top Vom of 2001:
the one in playa del ingles (!) where i was ralphing *continously* and brought my pillow into the bathroom where i rested my head on the side of the bath and puked / slept to my hearts content.

Top Axl Rose impression of 2001:
whelans. lock in. hands down.

Top general knacker behaviour of 2001:
the one, where after breaking *two* corkscrews attempting to open a bottle of wine, i smashed the top of the bottle off a wall, sieved the contents into a jug through a tea towel (dirty) and drank it.
mmmm....ruptured intestines.....

I smashed the top of a bottle of wine off a gate once and drank it there and then from the bottle. Now that was dumb..Huh? I was waiting to shit glass for days!!

Anyhue, back to the tops of everything..

peepee (07 Dec, 2001 01:43 p.m.):

Top Vom of 2001:
the one in playa del ingles (!) where i was ralphing *continously* and brought my pillow into the bathroom where i rested my head on the side of the bath and puked / slept to my hearts content.

could you change "ralphing" to "spiting, screaming, beating and roaring vomit from my innards" please

best gig: Mouse on Mars at TBMC, Fire Music Allstars at Lazybird, Will Oldham at The Shelter.

best 7": Sunroof, Ghost.

Best lp - Moldy Peaches, Gonzales, Tell tale signs of Earworm Vol.2

best reissue : Harry Smith Anthology of American folk music 3 X Cd, Don Cherry MU 1 & 2 on Get Back, Sun Ra Solo Piano Sessions

best local record: Somadrone 10" (???), Naphta - Rise/Badman (dubplate 10"), Paul O' Reilly LP.

best guys - All you fine herbes.

best boozer: Dice bar/Welcome Inn

best gig: neurosis san fran

best record(only record): frankie stubbs 10"

best buzz: genoa

best new-comer: things

The best things about 2002 were:

1. Ireland winning the World Cup, beating Senegal 6-4 in the final.

2. Dublin winning the All-Ireland in both hurling and football.

3. The Natural Law Party winning the General Election and declaring Ireland a natural flying zone.

4. The euro being a total flop and the re-emergence of bartering.

5. The Second Coming.

6. Osama Bin Laden getting number one in the American Billboard chart.

7. Lord of the Rings being performed by the Lord of the Rings, Michael Flatley.

8. Liverpool being relegated and Rochdale winning the F.A. Cup.

9. The invention of hover-boards.

10. Invisible suits.

Look what path said on ie-indie:

"Thanks for being positive with the replies. Thumped.com is a nasty
place"

If I was Pete I'd be outraged!

nd invisible suits eh? A friend wanted to by some buttons or something so we were in a habidashery shop and they had a rack of zips. Now apparently there are these zips that have pieces of fabric sewn on them to hide the zip from view and they call them invisible zips. The shop had none left so there was a row of (seemingly) empty hooks with a sign that said "invisible zips. And I was quite amused

cyclotron (07 Dec, 2001 04:43 p.m.):
best local record: Somadrone 10"

That Somadrone 10" is fucking great. I can't believe there are only 100 of them. I want to buy another in case I lose one.

best messed up band we played with:- lil girls in chicago whos guitarist played the entire set with his mickey hanging out
best after-gig/wedding-bash-without-anyone-from-either-wedding-party:- the globe after the gig with nad navillus and the dudley corporation where we ended up at the end of the night in the lapdancing club downstairs. £15 for a dance and £40 for a little extra!I'd love to know what the little extra was
best record:without a shadow of a doubt the lonely world of the dudley corporation.
best gig: pinback in the empty bottle

eclectichoney (08 Dec, 2001 09:42 p.m.):
anyone know where i can get the Somadrone 10"

....i'll sell my soul......twice
desperation does strange things to a girl

cheers
m
I think Road are holding. Or ask Neil yourself if he's in Tower still...

Monkey (07 Dec, 2001 09:20 p.m.):
Look what path said on ie-indie:

"Thanks for being positive with the replies. Thumped.com is a nasty
place"

If I was Pete I'd be outraged!

I gave up being internet-outraged. it's pretty pointless.

Anyway my reply on ie-indie was moderated out.

oh well

best video game: ddr/virtua tennis 2

best movie: amelie

best gig: television @ atp

best lp: pinback - blue screen life or fugazi - the argument

best booze: youngs double chocolate stout

best hair: hp

best bird: barb

best geezer: pete

biggest prick: ?

tragically, only available from the porter house

www.youngs.co.uk

A dark, ruby coloured stout, almost black from a distance. A distinctive chocolate flavour with a smooth and velvety finish.

Pale ale malt, crystal malt, roasted barley, chocolate malt, special blend of sugars, Fuggles and Goldings hops, real dark chocolate and chocolate essence. Melted chocolate bars are added to the boil and the essence is added after filtration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back