Best gigs that no one was at... (2 Viewers)

The other time I "saw them" was at Witnness, when they got the two biker dudes to drive their Harleys on stage and rev them to visuals and music. Class stuff.

thats an old flaming lips trick, which in turn is nicked from earlier punk bands..

some good amc hosted gigs. particularly the lapse and trans am/fucking champs/baseball fury in the hi stool limerick a few years ago. not at the same time mind. each show populated by about 6.5 gig goers. in fairness the lapse gig was an unplanned short notice show, buh..

HalfHunter said:
Bluetip and Bambi in the Temple basement, was Bambi's 2nd last gig I think, they were amazing that night. I think all Bluetips gigs here had low turnouts?

I remember a pretty decent crowd at that gig.
It was originally supposed to be two different gigs and theKabinboy were asked to play both.We suggested the gigs be together and that happened but we were unable to play.

ddmurph said:
almost all the best gigs i've seen in cork have been brutally attended. 14 people at corsano & flaherty i think. about 10 at whitehouse. all the dotdotdot gigs (except sunburned hand of the man which surprisingly drew a bit or a crowd) drew about the 10 people or less mark ... troum, john butcher, john edwards and loads more amazing gigs. michael gira didn't draw a whole lot either as far as i remember. there wasn't a whole lot of people at melt banana or the ex (best gig i've ever seen) either. loads more too. cork sucks.

same happens in galway:(
or would if anyone booked anyone like these peeps...

Electric eel shock in the Firestone. Not poorly attended but then 20 people and its jammers.

Also the Parkinsons at Whelans during Heineken a coupla years ago, definitely the lowest turnout ive seen there but still fuckin fantastic.

HalfHunter said:
best gig i wish i was at: robocop kraus + les savy fav in parnell mooney
why was i not there? cos i did'nt know about it.

Les Savy Fav played with Enon, and the Robocop Kraus played a different night (and I can't actually remember who played with them), but those were my two favourite GZ gigs in the Parnell Mooney. Blown away, I was. Both times. Equally. For different reasons.

i went to see the the in the point in either 90 or 91, i forget.

it was the last night of their first ever world tour and there was something like only a 100 punters. still an amazing gig.

dudley said:
i went to see the the in the point in either 90 or 91, i forget.

it was the last night of their first ever world tour and there was something like only a 100 punters. still an amazing gig.

Best gig Dudley wasn't at - Hot Snakes the other week!

yup, me too. Don't remember it being really badly attended though?
photon said:
I was at that one as well, and yeah, it was pretty empty. Pity, as I agree that it was a great gig (as were most all of the seven or eight Bambi gigs I made it to).

Paul

les savy fav played twice though, didn't they? and of course, the lead singer now has a soft furnishings firm with his missis. They make nice cushions and over gloves etc.
jane said:
Les Savy Fav played with Enon, and the Robocop Kraus played a different night (and I can't actually remember who played with them), but those were my two favourite GZ gigs in the Parnell Mooney. Blown away, I was. Both times. Equally. For different reasons.

kirstie said:
les savy fav played twice though, didn't they? and of course, the lead singer now has a soft furnishings firm with his missis. They make nice cushions and over gloves etc.

If they played with Robocop Kraus, then I am somehow forgetting what was obviously a gig to remember.

I think you posted the link to their soft furnishings business. It was great stuff. I wish I could buy things.

thickaspigshit said:
Electric eel shock in the Firestone. Not poorly attended but then 20 people and its jammers.

Also the Parkinsons at Whelans during Heineken a coupla years ago, definitely the lowest turnout ive seen there but still fuckin fantastic.

Yeah first time they played Belfast, in Giros, not the best attendance but a pretty good gig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back