best album of 2004 so far??? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter buck
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 7

buck

I ahven't got to many of the albums released this year just wondering what people think is the best album so far this year.. i think the shins-chutes too narrow (was that dis yr or last yr) is up there, every song amazing. the new hayden has some greats but i'm still getting into it. the new gbv and amc are real good. just bought the fiery furnaces but have not listened to it properly, does anyone have it?
Also the Sun kil moon album is great in places, lily and parrots...

god, get width the programme there...

ca_Thrills_So_Much.jpg

man, there's been so many!! sonic youths was my favourite but also les savy fav, blonde redhead, goodtime john, squarepusher, herv (was that this year?), nina nastasia, wilco, joan of arc.q and not u and pinback are on the way as well and they're sweet

buck said:
I ahven't got to many of the albums released this year just wondering what people think is the best album so far this year.. i think the shins-chutes too narrow (was that dis yr or last yr) is up there, every song amazing. the new hayden has some greats but i'm still getting into it. the new gbv and amc are real good. just bought the fiery furnaces but have not listened to it properly, does anyone have it?
Also the Sun kil moon album is great in places, lily and parrots...
think that shins album was last year

There's a couple of goodies out soon, the new massive attack and elliott smith albums are both fantastic.
Favourite albums that are already out:
Juana Molina - Tres Cosas
Great Lake Swimmers - Great Lake Swimmers

i'm gonna go with the pinback album, tis truly awesome

best new thing i've heard is probalby juana molina.

dissapointments are the new ted leo and the deerhoof record. bah

actually, audit in progress is a contender for the best. gets better with each listen. btw, it's 10,000 times better on a loud stereo than it is on headphones. sounds crappy on headphones!

I have the hearts of oak album by ted/leo, is that the one ur on about? and milkman -deerhoof. thats far out stuff in places.got a few early ones recently i'm not sure if their my cup of tea though. maybe with time. what abut the go!team ? is that good? just got a copy the other day.

Juana molina thats not the guy from songs:eek:hio no? will check that album out.
just got the Daniel johnston covers record. can't wait to go home and give it a proper listen.
i got the wilco, sonic youth and les savy pav but haven't listened to any of them properly yet.

dudley said:
i'm gonna go with the pinback album, tis truly awesome

best new thing i've heard is probalby juana molina.

dissapointments are the new ted leo and the deerhoof record. bah

actually, audit in progress is a contender for the best. gets better with each listen. btw, it's 10,000 times better on a loud stereo than it is on headphones. sounds crappy on headphones!

hearts of oak is the last ted leo, and its amazing. his new one is called 'shake the sheets' and its a little too ordinary and college rock for me.

the previous two deerhoof lp's are spectacular but milkman was a chore

1. Sufjan Stevens - Michigan (was only releazsed here 2004)

2. The New Year - The End is Near

3. Buddy Miller - Universial United House of Prayer

4. Why? - Oaklandasylum

5. Radio Dept - Less Matters

honourable mentions to Tom Waits, Modest Mouse, TV on the Radio... eh... some other stuff...

yea hearts of oak is very good i didn't know they had a new one. i will give the other two deerhoof a proper listen, their on me computer like.
i'm a ghost...

dudley said:
hearts of oak is the last ted leo, and its amazing. his new one is called 'shake the sheets' and its a little too ordinary and college rock for me.

the previous two deerhoof lp's are spectacular but milkman was a chore

I liked that deerhoof album.though admittedly it is patchy in places. saw ted leo at the coney island festival last summer and he was a pile of piss

Feeling the Sons and Daughters record at the moment. Sultans was amazing but I think Hot Snakes will take the prize - or Pink Grease. Ah the Grease, that is Pink.

That great lakes of Michigan is great alright. whats the seven swans one like?
just got the radio dept off a friend too so i will get onto that.i've a habit of putting albums on the computer and forgetting about them. is the new year the new bed head band? i'm still only getting into bedhead.

Pantone247 said:
1. Sufjan Stevens - Michigan (was only releazsed here 2004)

2. The New Year - The End is Near

3. Buddy Miller - Universial United House of Prayer

4. Why? - Oaklandasylum

5. Radio Dept - Less Matters

honourable mentions to Tom Waits, Modest Mouse, TV on the Radio... eh... some other stuff...

Four words for you...Old Man Gloom - Christmas! It's just so fucking good.
And Sonic Youth also. There's more I'm sure. Isis new one is still working it's charm on me, but as yet it's still not up to Oceanic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back