Berlin again - nice cheap central hotel... (1 Viewer)

Much as we'd like to stay somewhere like that its not very appealing with a child in tow. Plus we'll be sitting in every night (unless we get a babysitter for one night) so will probably need a TV as we'll have exhausted all conversation on the plane so will have nothing to say to each other.

we stayed in the park plaza in prenzlauerberg. It was nice. It was only 50e a night. There are some more in the same chain that are more central.

That park plaza looks dear. I think we're picking a bad week (1st week in september), the flights seem to spike on particular days around then but the only event I can find on is a 'consumer electronics showcase'. It's probably very popular.

It's only a pipe dream about the babysitting thing by the way, we're not expecting to go out in the evenings.

It's gas that all the hotels in Berlin are pet friendly, we can't find anywhere to bring the dogs on holiday in Ireland. Camper van for them again.

you could get an apartment -- friends of mine with a toddler did that and it worked out fine. pm me if you want gory/boring details.

I think we're going to get an apartment in that hotel I posted above. They have two room ones with a kitchen and they look spanky.
It seemed expensive to us as we always did foreign holidays hostel and tent style. But then I compared the cost with a shitty package holiday in Portugal and it's still working out cheaper to stay in the nice hotel in Berlin.

I think we're going to get an apartment in that hotel I posted above. They have two room ones with a kitchen and they look spanky.
It seemed expensive to us as we always did foreign holidays hostel and tent style. But then I compared the cost with a shitty package holiday in Portugal and it's still working out cheaper to stay in the nice hotel in Berlin.

Circus Hostel is lovely - myself and Bonsai stayed there last year. It's in a pretty busy area/intersection though so maybe ask for a room away from the road as there will be noise at night. They do a nice breakfast in the morning, the staff are friendly and it's a nice area (Prenzlauer Berg) for walking around etc. Get an obstschnitte cake from the bakery across the road - UNREAL.
There's an U-bahn across the road and a tram right outside. Dead handy.

Oh dear, just gone 8 on a saturday night and I'm in Berlin, infant asleep beside me and the wife reading a book in the kitchen of our rented apartment and I'm "on" Thumped.

You were dead right about doing nothing in the evenings.

Oh dear, just gone 8 on a saturday night and I'm in Berlin, infant asleep beside me and the wife reading a book in the kitchen of our rented apartment and I'm "on" Thumped.

You were dead right about doing nothing in the evenings.

German tv isn't up to much either. The ads are atrocious from what I remember.

Aye, turned it on once, turned it off after about 20 mins. Hasn't been touched since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back