Beer (1 Viewer)

Wobbler said:
Some people would argue that Thumped is the "i listen to the coolest, most alternative music that no-one's ever heard of" forums.

The fact is, like music, beer is a very diverse and rewarding er... thing. ALot of mass produced beers don't taste very nice, just like alot of better known music doesn't sound very good.

yup, would hafta agree

egg_ said:
I second Old Peculiar as posted by broken arm - yum. Haven't had it in years.
Also Old Speckled Hen, and Moling's (which is Irish). And was always fond of Newcastle Brown

Old Specked and Newkie are great. I'm not sure if I've ever tried Molling's. Is it brewed in Carlow?

santa claus said:
dutchgold.jpg
sweet. I know a guy who dressed up as the dutch gold man for a halloween party once.

kinda digging okocim mocne at the mo.
beamish... best stout. controversial!

prefer wine though.

Wobbler said:
Some people would argue that Thumped is the "i listen to the coolest, most alternative music that no-one's ever heard of" forums.

The fact is, like music, beer is a very diverse and rewarding er... thing. ALot of mass produced beers don't taste very nice, just like alot of better known music doesn't sound very good.

it's ok, I used be on here every day but I took a break for about 9 months, don't mind me, it'll just take me a while to reacclimatise.

!ninjaaaa

Still though, I'd bet that some of the beers people have listed they've actually had once...

plug said:
sweet. I know a guy who dressed up as the dutch gold man for a halloween party once.

kinda digging okocim mocne at the mo.
beamish... best stout. controversial!

prefer wine though.

Is the Dutch Gold man the guy on the right or the left?

Dwight said:
Still though, I'd bet that some of the beers people have listed they've actually had once...

I've only tried Chimay blue label once but I'll be having it again. Everything else I've mentioned I've tried a good few times, because I like beer.

Dwight said:

Well, i live in the UK at the moment and all the ales i mentioned are very common - even sold in most supermarkets. One is more local as it's brewed about 10 mins from my house. you need to get out more.

glad we cleared that up then.

your shout.

broken arm said:
Well, i live in the UK at the moment and all the ales i mentioned are very common - even sold in most supermarkets. One is more local as it's brewed about 10 mins from my house. you need to get out more.

glad we cleared that up then.

your shout.

hang on - 10 minutes walking or in a car?

my favourite beer is Früh Kölsch which is the local brew from cologne.
it's dangerous though, as it's too damn easy to drink...but it's pure man...so pure !

100px-Früh_Kölsch.JPG

second best invention ever : the Reinheitsgebot

thumbs up also to guinness, hoegaarden and tooheys new.

VB is responsible for the worst hangover i've ever had...drink 4 or 5 of these at your own peril.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back