Beer (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
I love beer, especially nice beer. I don't like bad beer though.

Last night I had a bottle of Chimay, with the blue label. It was a whopping 9% but was really drinkable and incredibly tasty. One of the nicest beers I've tasted in a while. I wasn't too much use after drinking it.

What are your favourites?

I like Guinness, lots of English ales (Suffolk Strong Ale is my current favourite ale), German beers are fantastic too (I especially love Bavarian wheat beers) and a few Czech beers are tasty.

Wobbler said:
I love beer, especially nice beer. I don't like bad beer though.

Last night I had a bottle of Chimay, with the blue label. It was a whopping 9% but was really drinkable and incredibly tasty. One of the nicest beers I've tasted in a while. I wasn't too much use after drinking it.

What are your favourites?

I like Guinness, lots of English ales (Suffolk Strong Ale is my current favourite ale), German beers are fantastic too (I especially love Bavarian wheat beers) and a few Czech beers are tasty.

This probably belongs in the Lifestyle section, and no doubt it'll get moved there soon enough, but in the meantime, here are a few of my favourite bottled beers:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Anchor Steam
Jever
Pilsner Urquell
Sierra Nevada Porter

old peculiar
brains dark (bottle conditioned - not on tap)
hobgoblin
fursty ferret

ah fuckit there's too many tasty ones.

there's a far out oatmeal stout from montreal called St.Ambroise which i am more than partial to.

if i'm dead thirsty nothing beats ice cold Stella.

think i'll pick up a case of each tonight.

photon said:
This probably belongs in the Lifestyle section, and no doubt it'll get moved there soon enough, but in the meantime, here are a few of my favourite bottled beers:

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
Anchor Steam
Jever
Pilsner Urquell
Sierra Nevada Porter
american beer is fuckin shite paul, make no mistake, thats why all the foreigners drink pacifico or corona or negro modelo, none of which are american.
I love chimay, leffe blond, anything belgian especially stuff with berries in it or anything mexican. rowdy would look naked without a bottle of corona with lime, kinda like a ford cortina without a milk tank behind.

Wobbler said:

i spilled a load of that on someone last night. good times.

surely this should be in the food forum.

Belgian beer tops it for me too,
then German, Czech is great too as are all those Mexican lite summer beers like Corona and Sol. Cant beat a cold pint bottle of Tiger but really i'd drink most pints and would never go a week without at least one pint of creamy Guiness.

Jaysis it's only 3 o' clock

clonan attack said:
Jaysis it's only 3 o' clock

4932.jpg

rowdy row tinka said:
american beer is fuckin shite paul, make no mistake, thats why all the foreigners drink pacifico or corona or negro modelo, none of which are american.
I love chimay, leffe blond, anything belgian especially stuff with berries in it or anything mexican. rowdy would look naked without a bottle of corona with lime, kinda like a ford cortina without a milk tank behind.

I have tasted a few very tasty american beers and am looking forward to trying alot more. I was never that taken with Belgiabn beer, except Duvel which is delicious, until I tried that Chimay. mmm

Dwight said:
oh dear, it's already turned into the "i drink the coolest, most alternative beer that no-one's ever heard of" thread

You've been rubbing my nose in it since I got here! Your family is better than my family, your beer comes from farther away than my beer, you and your son like each other, your wife's butt is higher than my wife's butt! You make me sick!

Dwight said:
oh dear, it's already turned into the "i drink the coolest, most alternative beer that no-one's ever heard of" thread

oh yeah , as opposed to "i listen to the coolest, most alternative music that no-one's ever heard of" thread for a change?Ur on thumped, it's a bit elitist innit boss?

rowdy row tinka said:
oh yeah , as opposed to "i listen to the coolest, most alternative music that no-one's ever heard of" thread for a change?Ur on thumped, it's a bit elitist innit boss?

You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

Dwight said:

Some people would argue that Thumped is the "i listen to the coolest, most alternative music that no-one's ever heard of" forums.

The fact is, like music, beer is a very diverse and rewarding er... thing. ALot of mass produced beers don't taste very nice, just like alot of better known music doesn't sound very good.

rowdy row tinka said:

Ooops beat me to it rowdy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back