Beastie Boys (1 Viewer)

Favourite LP?

• Total voters

nlgbbbblth

Frozen in time since 12:34am on January 1 1982
Website
www.nlgbbbblth.wordpress.com
BeastieBoysPaul%27sBoutique.jpg

paul's boutique is deadly. how the hell did they manage to get away with those samples?

Check Your Head.

Pass The Mic, Watchya Want, Professor Booty, Jimmy James and the best Beastie Boys song of all - Gratitude.

Still sounds fresh to this very day, compared to Pauls Boutique which I think sounds a bit dated now.

TWICE ha

Right before they played it on saturday I turned to the brother in law and said "if they play what I think they're about to play I can go home happy right now"

Fucking awesome.

'shit if its gonna this kinda party i'm gonna stick my dick in the mash potato'

Ill Communication for me.

Ah now 5 boroughs is a good album, but I'm struggling to remember what's on hello nasty....

Ah now 5 boroughs is a good album, but I'm struggling to remember what's on hello nasty....
Hello Nasty had those really kitsch 60's pop songs on them, urgh. And Body Movin was a piss poor song made even worse by norman cook. Intergallatic got played to death so I got really sick of it. I'm sure there are some good tunes on it (three MC's and one DJ springs to mind) but they just took a turn for the worse. Mostly it was the 60's kitsch shit that turned me off.

Maybe I'll get the Five Boroughs then, by that point I had just had enough of the wackiness.

Hello Nasty has Body Movin', Remote Control, Intergalactic and I don't know. Maybe I just like really kitsch 60's sounding pop songs :D

who voted for hello nasty? thats such a non-album. intergalactic is pure gold though.
to the 5 burroughs showed they can still do it better than folks half their age.

Ill Communication for me - I love that song with Q-Tip, Sure Shot, Root Down and the instrumental tracks.. I think it's their masterpiece and people are just trying to sound cool by saying Paul's Boutique. You're wrong.

paul's boutique is deadly. how the hell did they manage to get away with those samples?

I think nobody actually bought it when it came out so it passed under the radar. By the time The Man wanted to sue them a statute of limitation had passed, i.e. it was too damn late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back