Beards/Scenesters/Why? (2 Viewers)

Had one last week, don't have one today, might have one in two weeks or might not.

Since losing the thumped christmas beard competition i've been a little put off growing one :(

Did you put the time in to that contest? I don't think anyone but Lomax took the boobs and beard contest seriously this year :(

Well if by "put time" you mean didn't make the effort to shave starting from December 1st then yes.

Technically it would have taken more effort to be clean shaven.

The new 2011 edition of the hipster handbook says that bad puns are no longer ironic enough. To gain true acceptance and that coveted white leather jacket with gold stitching and clashing purple and turquoise leg warmers you must engage in a campaign of tasteless and offensive dead baby jokes.

Oh, hi Brush.

I held out for a bit longer I think, I was fairly young like.

It was either Portishead or the Sneaker Pimps who made me realise that other kinds of music could be ok.

I was of course completely incorrect.

my theory is that the people who put the Shine compilations together were struggling so badly to find enough songs to pad out their CDs that they made it ok to like the Sneaker Pimps. So don't feel bad about being fooled. We all were.

*Portishead are grand, leave them alone

Hi Everybody. Hi Wheels. Hi, Hi, Hi

Aaaaaaanywya. I went to a couple of hip 'n trendy bars after work - I am a devising a survey on bar snacks - But thats a topic for another thread - …As I was saying; I passed through a number of these trendy schmendy hipster watering holes and was told a few things by this lad sitting at the bar in a place that's name I forget, but it reminded me of the hotel in Delecatessen. Anyway this beard in a pair of pedal pushers and tweed blazer with leather patches on the elbows who wore his ruck-sack on his back the whole time, in between telling me about how him and his mate Timmo were looking into possibly maybe making a documentary about the promotion of music in Ireland, made some remarks about the lack of facial hair on my upper lip and that my own carefully cultivated chops were in fact Hipster-unfriendly and rather uncool. At least here in the South anyway. It is apparently ok to have them in Norn Iron though as Georgie best had them in the 70's and he was from up there.

Also it is possible to have a mustache and no beard. But your mustache has to fit within the confines of 1970's TV cop show cannon or 1980's British soap character. It cannot look like a the facial hair of a Brigadier who served in the British Raj however as you may be stepping into steampunk territory there and may have to move to London.

Double points for attempting to look like the 118 guys. But definitely not the 11850 guys for one they are ginger and two they are blatantly a plagiarized derivative of the 118 guys.

10367821_785503838134781_6469014925937775298_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back