dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
The Broadcasting Commission of Ireland have announced the final contenders for the Dublin Alternative Rock licence.

A shortlist of just two has been announced by the BCI, in the contest for the new Dublin Alternative Rock licence.

In a move that may come as a surprise to many, of the original five applicants, the only ones left in the race by the BCI are Phantom FM and Zed FM.

Phantom are backed by a number of music industry figures, including Paul McGuinness, Denis Desmond, Brian Molloy and his son Graham, while the Zed FM bid was put together by former MD of FM 104 Dermot Hanrahan, Hot Press magazine, Bob Geldof, IMRO vice chairman Barbara Galavan, showbiz acountant Gaby Smith, promoter Jim Aiken and his son Peter.

Those eliminated from the race were the UTV/X FM consortium, as well as Raw FM, involving Denis O'Brien, and Radio Eleven, fronted by Dave Kavanagh – the former Clannad manager, who is also a close associate of Paul McGuinness.

The oral hearing will take place in the first half of October, following which the BCI will finalise its decision, bringing to fruition a process that could have far reaching benefits for the local rock scene.

They should just have some sort of really elaborate treasure hunt to sort out this licence. It'd be so much easier. Or maybe just throw it into the air in whelans some night and see who can scramble to grab it.

Im on for the treasure hunt idea, got to be easier than the process we're in the middle of now. The next bit is a presentation to the BCI in public on October 11th in the Conrad Hotel (glad our application fee is being well spent) and a decision will be made on November 8th. And then hopefully we will get the licence, and then not sell out too much. Realisticaly would like to do a lot more, and hopefully being around full time without the risk of having the door kicked in (except by drunken Whelans punters) will give us the chance to do more.

Pete Reed
Phantom FM

Pete Reed said:
hopefully being around full time without the risk of having the door kicked in (except by drunken Whelans punters) will give us the chance to do more.
you mean to say that the top secret location of phantom fm is above whelans on wexford street? oh my god, i never knew that!

the%20phantom.jpg

is phantom not shite?

i havent listened in a while , so maybe theyve changed
i tire of music when its on all the time
whats on next? cannonball and then the frames

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back