Battles fri may 25 tbmc (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 11
g-stereotypical, can you identify this set up for me please?

amd_electrical_box.jpg

g-stereotypical, can you identify this set up for me please?

amd_electrical_box.jpg

That's two traco power units running through four custom amps running eight speakers in parallel. :rolleyes:

One of the traco power units only has one green light rather than the usual three but I'm not too sure why.

I met the drummer from battles in atlantic homecare and he said he secretly positions a second crash symbol in the back of his car during gigs purely for show.

well..heres the secret..its neither. its custom made replica. hybrid jazzmaster/toronado..couldnt recall the make though.

"My friend Trevor Healy who makes custom guitars as "Healy Guitars" made me a custom Jazz Master. I love it. It's my first really nice instrument."

there ye go now.

well..heres the secret..its neither. its custom made replica. hybrid jazzmaster/toronado..couldnt recall the make though.

ian uses logic. he didnt really say for what though. i think he uses it to play out his soft synths. he also uses a headrush e2 for his guitar loops and he has an echoplex for the keys and other weird looped samples.
tyondai uses a moogerfooger ring oscilator amongst other things. he plays kontakt soft synths and he also uses an echoplex with foot switches. i think everything was running through the echoplex. for the effected vocals I THINK he was using an original whammy that he controlled using an external foot pedal. so the actual pedal was by his keys so he could switch the settings easily. he also had a few other pedals which i cant recall right now. now that i think about it i cant remember sseeing any distortion pedals.
dave uses 2 green line 6 pedals, a boss distortion pedal and he has a seperate amp for which the loops are played out of. he also uses the echoplex. he also has some red pedal.
stanier uses drums. oh yeah actually, i didnt get to ask him about it but he was using a rented kit but he put his own snare skin on. it was a black snare skin....never seen this before. sounded sweet though. really tight.

thats all i can think off for the minute. this is just speculation by the way. i was only really talking to tyondai about the echoplex and kontakt.
cool.
cheers dude.
for some reasonm, i always expect more musicians to be using ableton liv eat gigs for looping and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back