bass guitar, no reserve (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
Look what I picked up on ebay.ie the other day under the heading "bass guitar, no reserve"....

Hagstompop.jpg

a 1977 Hagstrom Scanbass. Cost €115 (including postage). The guy hadn't got a clue about musical instruments so he couldn't give any information about it.

Check out how he packed it tho!
Packing.jpg

Tayto boxes and brown tape loosely wrapped around the bass...not even a piece of bubble wrap or newspaper to be seen. Somehow it survived.

There are a few scratches on it but that's to be expected, the neck and frets seem to be fine although it looks like it's been in an attic for the last 10 years. Very dirty, plugged it in and the electrics work, pots crackle and the input needs some attention but it should be fine after a quick overhaul. The name is missing from the head which explains the low price.

These are Hagstrom's version of the Fender Jazz bass, this one is missing the chrome covers over the bridge and pickup.

Nice.

A clean version looks like this
ScanBassFront2.jpg

deadly- love that packaging :)

I'm sure you can pick up those chrome yokes somewhere

So after fixing up most of my bass I desided to get the Pickup covers. I emailed the hagstrom spare parts website and the quote I got was €130 for both! :eek:

Should I just get some fender type ones off Thomann? They're different but it's not like the bass is mint condition.

Hagstrom version:
bridgecoverscanbass.gif
P1010052.gif

Fender version:
159980.jpg
175748.jpg

Will the Fender bridge cover fit in beside the scratch plate? It looks pretty tight around the output jack in the Hagstrom picture.

So after fixing up most of my bass I desided to get the Pickup covers. I emailed the hagstrom spare parts website and the quote I got was €130 for both! :eek:

Should I just get some fender type ones off Thomann? They're different but it's not like the bass is mint condition.

Hagstrom version:
bridgecoverscanbass.gif
P1010052.gif

Fender version:
159980.jpg
175748.jpg

Depends on why you want to fit them. They may not fit either. I'd either go for the real thing or leave them off myself. Have you checked ebay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back