Bargains someone should buy. (1 Viewer)

so much of it's in the set up,isn't it.

Totally.You can't judge an axe till you've set it up right.

I wish to jazes I was better at it.I can get it ballpark..but not bang on by any means.

The difference between cheap guitars now and even say the 90's is astonishing.

My favourite style of bridge is a wraparound,so there's not much room for adjustment(fine by me),and my guitars that have them play nice to me. The strat is a bollox. Presumably because of the trem it constantly needs fiddling.

I've been playing my Strat a lot recently and I'm not convinced about the set up. Low E string in non-existant a lot of the time. It's a 90's Mex Fender.
What are the opinions on Mex Telecasters?

something vital missing here.

Oh yeah, it's a Gretsch Duo Jet. A real one, not an Electromatic. About 10 years old. Great action, lovely pickups, and even thought it's quite large it's weight relieved so it a nice weight too.

I've been playing my Strat a lot recently and I'm not convinced about the set up. Low E string in non-existant a lot of the time. It's a 90's Mex Fender.
What are the opinions on Mex Telecasters?

Your strat's not a standard though, it's contemporary strat or something, right? Kinda a weird though, cause as far as i can make out, it's based on a 50s strat. The closest thing I've played to yours in terms of feel was the Dave Murrey signature. very similar neck.

Played some rubbish mex strats and teles, but there are good ones out there.

I've had my eye on that for ages,not 100% sure it's a prototype,as I've seen guitars very similar(no real reason it couldn't be though). They don't do any model like that at the minute though.

If I wasn't about to get an amp fixed I'd have bought it by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back