Bands that were once good (2 Viewers)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
I just heard a track off the new Wilco album and I just don't get it. The last couple of albums have just been so generic. I listen and nothing sticks. No memorable songs. Uncle Tupelo were fantastic the first couple of Wilco albums were great. Being There remains my favourite. I've seen them live many times over the years and the last couple have been very lacklustre. What gives, Tweedy?

Bands that were once good but now...not so much.
List them.

where do your David Byrne/Sting's fit in?

Couple of great songs per album, load of stuff you'll never listen to again.

oh adding Adam Ant/and the Ants to the 'never got shit' list on the basis that Manners and Physique is deadly

For the amount of time he's been around and the amount of records he's put out Tom Waits has barely put a foot wrong. I go on about him a lot but he's up there. He was beginning to bleed his barfly Asylum period dry by the time he got to Heart Attack & Vine, so he transformed into the Swordfishtrombone's/Bone Machine phase. He then latterly married the two on Mule Variations, less interestingly on Real Gone. Add all that to his theatrical works and he's got a pretty consistently solid canon of work. Orphans is great too if a little too much of a good thing.

Radiohead are still pretty great. PJ Harvey rarely disappoints me. I used to think Bjork could do no wrong, but dunno anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back