Bands that were great but then became shit when a member left/died/was replaced (1 Viewer)

Vinnie said:
I disagree. Collins drumming for Eno & Fripp is fucking savage (check out some of the drumming on 'Before & After Science) He was just a different beast to Bonham. And according to Collins he was on the verge of walking off stage for most of that Live Aid gig. Now I have to go and have a shower after sticking up for Phil Collins.

Indeed. Grace and Danger by John Martyn (especially Sweet Little Mystery with some v nice b vs). You needed a wash anyway though...

REM were kinda gone shit before Berry left weren't they... Still love Automatic though

Fyfe was great all right, remember the suit? And the Israeli girl who had the "night of passion" with him and was shown on the Israeli tabloid front page with a thought bubble and Fyfe there in his suit? And Fyfe being too wasted to show up for the video shoot for Trigger Inside?

I wonder did she tell him he was fyfe times better than the average nordy?
snakybus said:
Fyfe was great all right, remember the suit? And the Israeli girl who had the "night of passion" with him and was shown on the Israeli tabloid front page with a thought bubble and Fyfe there in his suit? And Fyfe being too wasted to show up for the video shoot for Trigger Inside?

Barrel O'Carols said:
REM were kinda gone shit before Berry left weren't they... Still love Automatic though

I think Up is pretty good in a quirky way

Reveal...meh, couple of really good songs though

last album...too awful for words

Smashing Pumkpkins.
After Darcy left. *Sniff sniff*
I didn't like Machina
Zwan sucked as well

Loved "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness" though
.|..|

Therapy's earlier stuff is great, and Suicide Pact is a great album too, really dark. They did an amazing gig in the Empire, I think it was 2000, that was their first gig in Belfast in a couple of years, they had no Fyfe, and it was brilliant. Then again Clutch played too so it was always going to be a good gig, but Therapy were immense that night.
I saw them in the Mandela Hall on their DVD recording night, of course I can be seen in the crowd, that gig was pretty average though.
Saw them recently on that Across the Lines show playing on a TV set and they were utter crap, sounded really watered down and shite.
I agree that the majority of people who would really enjoy a current-day Therapy gig going on that standard would have to be rejects in the first place. That's the problem with Belfast, too many spas who say everything sounds amazing without ever actually listening to it just because people around them like it.

TLC, it was bad enough when Lisa Left Eye had to become a pirate, and then she died. They suck now.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Fuck capitalism mothafuckas, but I dont mind being on one of the biggest labels in the world.

and they just sounded led zep with public enemy over the top
Ah they just sound shite now cos you had it ruined for you byfuckin limp bizkit and all that. That first album was immense at the time. Few choons on the second aswell.

I saw them in the ambassador about four years ago and it was fucking great, it was x-mas (I think thats the only time they play Dublin!!) and the last day of the tour Potato Junkie is still an amazing gig closer..

Speaking of bands that went shit when major people left there is only one answer to that and IO can't believe its not come up yet...Manic Street Preachers I don't mind the stuff they're doing and they still cut it live but the output after Richey is piss poor compared to what came before it.

The Clash losing Mick Jones and doing 'Cut the Crap' was gayer then a pink poodle.

Guns n' Roses after lossing everyone except Axle are shit.

Boyzone before losing Dicky Rocks son were a genre defining pop sensation then he got booted out and they became a nothing take that clone.

Suede licked balls after losing Butler as well..

Cormcolash said:
Saw them recently on that Across the Lines show playing on a TV set and they were utter crap, sounded really watered down and shite.
I agree that the majority of people who would really enjoy a current-day Therapy gig going on that standard would have to be rejects in the first place. That's the problem with Belfast, too many spas who say everything sounds amazing without ever actually listening to it just because people around them like it.

Thats the gig I was at. And before anyone asks I was dragged to it by a friend and had no real choice. They just bored me so much its hard to explain and everyone was enjoying it like edjits. The majority of the fastfude scene seem to climax over therapy.

Oh and that "legendary" Mandela hall show looked shite from the dvd. I bet Yakuza and Somedays Better were much more enjoyable.

round about 90/91 therapy were mental good. remember seeing them loads of times in mcgonagles and the new park in kilkenny and they were just so .|..|

then fyfe left (last spotted in brighton doing a film course) and the band turned into rock pigs. the last gig i saw em do was in The ambassador i think and they were just a pretty poor joke band - andy in particular has turned into a right old cliche

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back