Bands once considered to be shit, remained shit and always will be shit (4 Viewers)

pm77 said:
Why yes I have, quite recently in fact and anyone who claims that Franz Ferdinand don't sound like Gang of Four must be at least partially deaf - alright White Stripes just sound like John Spencer/Royal Trux/Boss Hog but I was pretending to be pissed off and replied in haste and dislike White Stripes way more than Franz Ferd
First two white stripes records are amazing.

Jon Spencer is trust fund poseur.

John Peel prefered The White Stripes to The Stooges too.Random fact,and he loved The Stooges.

pm77 said:
Why yes I have, quite recently in fact and anyone who claims that Franz Ferdinand don't sound like Gang of Four must be at least partially deaf - alright White Stripes just sound like John Spencer/Royal Trux/Boss Hog but I was pretending to be pissed off and replied in haste and dislike White Stripes way more than Franz Ferd

you said
pm77 said:
I am now pissed off. I don't care that he's a god botherer or that he knits scarves for Martha Stewart he is a breath of fresh air on an otherwise stagnant music scene overrun with Gang of Four rip off bands e.g. Franz Ferd, The Strokes, The Libertines blah blah blah all those riduculous 'angular guitar' bands to quote lunatic genius Tricky 'Brand New You're Retro'
explain the strokes and the libertines as been GO4 rip offs...
thanks

centuries said:
you said
explain the strokes and the libertines as been GO4 rip offs...
thanks

I was referring to the guitar sound, no? Although the Strokes have borrowed heavily from everyone from Blondie to the Stones and plenty more no doubt...

brianoak said:
First two white stripes records are amazing.

Jon Spencer is trust fund poseur.

John Peel prefered The White Stripes to The Stooges too.Random fact,and he loved The Stooges.

2nd and 3rd Royal Trux albums are amazing

Don't like Jon Spencer (or GO4) that wasn't the point

John Peel prefered Mushrooms to Carrots. Random made up fact, and he loved Carrots...

Speaking of The Stooges I really like Sonic Youth's version of I Wanna Be Your Dog, it's rather good

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back