Band or solo. Who's better on their todd? (1 Viewer)

Although he's certainly produced some real crap as a solo artist, I think, on the whole, I actually prefer Julian Cope's stuff to that of The Teardrop Explodes.

Brian Eno over Roxy Music? Hmmm...maybe. Same with John Foxx over Ultravox.

Julian Cope - hell, yes.
Brian Eno - definitely. Roxy Music ran out of steam fairly early on.
John Foxx - just about

[QUOTE And whoever mentioned Damien Rice is spot on. His solo stuff may be terrible but it's not as terrible as Juniper, surely?![/QUOTE]

That's what I meant....

Brian Eno - definitely. Roxy Music ran out of steam fairly early on.

You could say they ran out of steam when Brian Eno left even. Not me though, I go through phases with RM on which era I prefer. Someone once asked me what's the best place to start with Roxy Music & I think you can judge the records by their covers-the more scantily clad the models were the weaker the albums became.

Dre > NWA
Jamie Lidell > Super Collider
Erlend Oye > Kings of convenience
Panda Bear > Animal collective

maybe.

You could say they ran out of steam when Brian Eno left even. Not me though, I go through phases with RM on which era I prefer. Someone once asked me what's the best place to start with Roxy Music & I think you can judge the records by their covers-the more scantily clad the models were the weaker the albums became.

the third LP was ok, after that - not that good.

Anyone think Bryan Ferry solo > Roxy Music ?

did Simon Le Bon ever record a solo album?

No, he did record a solo song (Grey Lady of the Sea) that was featured on a documentary about his sailing capers, that was only ever released in Japan:
http://www.last.fm/music/Simon+Le+Bon/_/Grey+Lady+Of+The+Sea

Not exactly Rio, is it?

John Taylor had a solo single (on the 9 1/2 Weeks soundtrack) and Andy Taylor had a solo album (dreadful).

The Arcadia album (Simon le Bon, Nick Rhodes and Roger Taylor) is great. Completely OTT and pretentious, but fabulous.

There is a little compartment in my brain forever labelled "Duran Duran trivia".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back