babysitters (1 Viewer)

Diddles

Have any of yis ever got a babysitter off the internet or the noticeboard of the local shop type thing?

What questions do you ask them, apart from 'Are you a murderer and/or paedo'?

Do you need a babysitter?

I know three absolutely fricking AWESOME women who do babysitting, all Yanks and all very funny (which I think is a good trait in a babysitter). One might not be looking (she's about to wind up a live-in job, but I think she's staying on with them part-time).

Another is a lady who volunteers with me up at the creative writing place, and she's class. She lives out in Celbridge, and I know she's looking to do some babysitting because she's not working at all right now.

Another one is a former live-in nanny, but I have to check if she's found a full-time job. I know she was looking for one.

They're all in their early/mid-20s and I can vouch for their loveliness.

What sort of hours are you looking to have them/one for?

my aunt minds a few kids and the parents found her through a notice in tesco. she's normally asked has she her own kids, has she taken care of other peoples kids before and if so would they be able to contact them.
i guess you dont happen to a garda that would run a quick unofficial and total abuse of power, background check?

Here's a guy I can recommend

His name's "Tony" and he has a very charming, husky London accent. When asked about work experience, he mentioned some bank jobs he'd been on, so I thought that was interesting, to have someone from the world of finance, as it's something I don't have much experience of.

shark.JPG

I'm not looking for a childminder, just a babysitter for going out occasionally so I'm trying to source someone local. I just don't know what to ask them. Rita's advice is the kind of thing I'm looking for.

I'm guessing you've thought of this yourself, but is there any neighbours you could try, you go out one week they go out the next?
that's what happened on my road anyway.
also that way you dont have to pay them.
i've never had to pay for one but they seem ridiculously expensive, my aunt pays some 17yr old 40/50euro to sit in a house with 2 sleeping kids from 7.30-12.
much more then the £3 a neighbour paid me to watch he son (who had ADD) from 7-3. still pisses me off :mad:

I've interviewed child minders and I can tell you one thing - someone who can seem really nice can turn out to be a complete toe rag. You're best off to get a recommendation from someone you trust. But if you have to interview someone, ask them about what experience they've had, what they'd do in certain challenging situations, like what they'd do if the baby started crying, etc.

I'll do it Diddles.Tenner an hour and a few cans.

Can't say fairer than that.

Do you have any daughters or sons of relatives you could ask? We used to do this for cousins children, I think they all babysat us when we were younger. They tend not to overcharge you also when they know you

Do you have any daughters or sons of relatives you could ask? We used to do this for cousins children, I think they all babysat us when we were younger. They tend not to overcharge you also when they know you

My family are fairly useless. My sister-in-law would love to mind him but she lives on the other side of town and has a million kids herself.

I've a niece living with me at the moment but she's never around! She works most nights :(

My nephew came over on Monday and babysat, but he lives a good bit away from us, so it's a jaunt for him to get over and if he's at school in the morning he either can't do it or one of us would have to drive him home.

I don't really want to get a 'stranger' to look after him but I'd rather establish someone who will mind him regularly and he gets to know them, rather than calling on one relative at a time who rarely sees him. I think it's better for him that he gets to know the person who's minding him.

I'm going to ask my neighbours if they know of anyone. I'd trust a recommendation from them. They're local.

the_league_of_gentlemen_PU.jpg

has anyone seen those flyers taped up around christchurch offering "free dog walks" from an "experienced dog lover"? have one at home, must stick a photo of it up for lolz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back