AUTONOMOUS ZONE- social space, day out etc (1 Viewer)

faganfest!

Alright,

I've been informed of an empty, large space in the vicinity of Bray and Greystones.
Having lost the opportunity to create a social space last Saturday due to unforseeable circumstances, I feel it appropriate to attempt the creation of such event THIS COMING WEEKEND. Before progressing with organizing anything, I'd like to put it forward to those of you with genuine interest. Who feels that it is a good idea etc? I'm gonna need some feedback by the end of today or tomorrow, and progress then with the organizational side of things on Thursday and Friday.
The intention would be for everyone to meet at BRAY dart station, roughly around 1 or 2 o clock. We would then move on to the space, which does require a 20 minute bus journey. Any bands, artists, performers, anything of any category, anyone AT ALL with an idea for this day, please contact me at 0861279141, [email protected] or simply post here.

Solidarity,
Faganfest!

I second that, also - given the immense failure of Saturdays action - maybe it would be best to take a breather have some discussion and decide what way to progress rather than running straight out and making the same mistakes again.

Check out the feature on indymedia.

ALSO this saturday is the Rossport 5's big day.

Yeah, note taken... perhaps a better idea would be to form a collective of people to meet for the next two weeks or so, make sure everything's nice and ready.

weeler said:
maybe it would be best to take a breather have some discussion and decide what way to progress rather than running straight out and making the same mistakes again.
people said:
there's other stuff on too
faganfest! said:
Yeah, note taken... perhaps a better idea would be to form a collective of people to meet for the next two weeks or so, make sure everything's nice and ready.
weeler said:
no that's still bullshit.

Eh?

weeler said:
maybe it would be best to take a breather have some discussion and decide what way to progress rather than running straight out and making the same mistakes again

Weeler, fair enough if you dont agree with what Eoin is trying. I actually see your point about it but I dont think there is any need to be so blunt and rude! At least Eoin is trying to do something positive. I mean he's only 15 or something and Im sure not many people would be up for being involved in something like this at that age.

Only my opinion though

"maybe it would be best to take a breather have some discussion and decide what way to progress rather than running straight out and making the same mistakes again."

"Yeah, note taken... perhaps a better idea would be to form a collective of people to meet for the next two weeks or so, make sure everything's nice and ready"

I think that Eoin took it as your putting the actions on hold but the discussions would still be on so things could be organised better. I can see why anyone would think that as you said "have some discussion and decide what way to progress".
What i dont get was what was with this response:
"no that's still bullshit."
where did that fit in? he isnt the enemy :rolleyes:

Why don't you just use the collective you already set up here -

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=24706

Oh wait .....

Plus calling for a squat action (this is what you're calling for isn't it?) with 3 days notice and no groundwork, community outreach, etc. etc. (as far as I can see) :confused: !bog :confused: . A bus full of people along with "bands, artists, performers" are just going to turn up and crack open a building?

I'm totally in favour of occupied social centres and admire your enthusiasm, but seriously think about half the ideas you post up here that you don't follow through on and the level of organisation needed to pull these things off. That's all before even beginning to get into some of the politics behind it as well as some of the discussions and reflection that is only starting to happen in the libertarian/anarchist milieu/scene/movement/whatever in Ireland at the moment.

And kids, remember; uncritically accepting things is punk as fuck!

just another note on this one, it takes a lot more work than just making one post on an internet forum to make this sort of thing happen and although im sure his heart is in the right place i really doubt he realises how much work it will involve (3days notice is not enough) and judging by how often he makes posts that he doesnt follow up on, I think he is just playing games.

It takes collectives of people organising for months to actually organise events like tbtc etc.

jesus lads, how about having a word to the lad when you see him at a gig or something instead of ridiculing him on a public forum. he's 15 for fuck's sake. all i knew when i was 15 was how to play the drums fast and what alternative tentacles was. he's putting on gigs and thinking about politics. yous may be just trying to make a point but in the world of the internet it doesn't come too constructive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back