Australian kids dramas from the early 1990s. (1 Viewer)

snakybus said:
something about a valley wasn't it?

"I know a valley, I know a valley..."

no that was 'Secret Valley' I think

this was something like "The Fabulous Contraption of Professor...something"

and no, not the Troy McClure thing

Home and Away

second only to the Benny Hill Skow for its babes in school uniforms

kristy02.jpg
http://ma3mao.tripod.com/pics/kristy02.jpg

melissa00.jpg

isla02.jpg

and the singer from Placebo
fancard_bobby.jpg

Skippy was seminal, if crap. How about The Flying Doctors?

If "Australia" can encompass most of the world, I can mention Eerie, Indiana, which was awesome!

eerie.jpg

Gambra said:
Of course this will always be the greatest programme to ever come out of that area:

cast.jpg

THE TRIBE!!

Every one was mad into that in primary school, at most "sleep overs" every one would make them selves into a member of the cast. Every one except me cause I didnt watch it.

aha!!

Professor Poopsnaggles Steam Zeppelin

AUSSIE IMPORT kid's drama screened in (sigh) two-hour segments. Old bloke and requisite drama school brats float around, in a big bus with an airbag fastened at the top, collecting bits and bobs to improve their vehicle. "Dr Robotnik"-style baddie attempts to foil them with a series of hi-tech gizmos but a hastily improvised soup-up of the zeppelin's "Mega Steam", and the like, puts paid to that. A memorable episode featured the old "snake bite" race-against-time-before-venom-takes-hold staple scenario.

The theme tune was: 'There's a big red bus way up in the sky/Which everyone said would never never fly/With a poop poop chugga chugga bing a bang bing/This is the song that we always sing!'

and weirdly- it seems it was spin-off from Secret Valley

"Spider was the evil gang from "Secret Valley". Remember the Spin off "Professor Poopsnaggles Steam Zeppelin"? "

Attachments

• poop.jpg
    poop.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 476
Anyone remeber that programme (I believe it may have actually been from New Zealand) about the two kids whose parents were murdered and were rescued by their mad uncle who was a spy or something and the two of them ended up becoming spies/agents for him.. It's been driving me mad trying to rember what the hell it was...

No really, help with this one.. It's driving me nuts.. I went on a dvd buying spree and bought Round The Twist, The Tribe and Girl From Tomorrow!!! I NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS SHOW WAS!!

Every one was mad into that in primary school, at most "sleep overs" every one would make them selves into a member of the cast. Every one except me cause I didnt watch it.

I think only season 1 & 2 were ever show here, 52 episodes in each season. There's 5 series in all. I remeber watching it being about 11/12...

MISSION TOP SECRET!!!

"Mission Top Secret was a show that took Australian kids by storm. Though it didn't have the longest running time I still remember it to this day. A farm just outside of Sydney on the outside looked normal, but hidden within was the control center for the network Centauri. All over the world Centauri agents (all youths) had computer notebooks (modern for the time) which linked them to the network. Together, they could solve crimes and stop evil adults in it's tracks. It's main ingredients were 'kid power', the mix in of technology and the fact that, to many children it seemed like they could one day be apart of Centauri (I myself admit i used to talk into my calculator like I was on the show!). The acting was great, the adventure was always terrific and I shall always remember Mission: Top secret fondly. - Like they used to say "Centauri out.""

I'm not insane!

Jesus id completely forgotten about pugwall, what an amazing program. I can still remember most of the episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back