audio from video recorded too hot (1 Viewer)

Are you talking about repairing an existing recording, or how to plan for this not to happen in future?

If it's the former:
The short answer is no: shit in shit out.

But you could try to but a high pass filter on it, or just cut the distorting bass with an EQ notch filter placed on the frequency that the bass is distorting on most.. But it's likely to still sound cat.

Some audio software also has settings for clipped peak restoration tools - but again, it depends on the amount of distortion.

I'm sure if you posted a clip of the audio here people could take a look at it. People like me.

The problem is that original recording was too loud for the camera's input and clipped/distorted.
All you can do now is apply a bandage to the turd.

Are you talking about repairing an existing recording, or how to plan for this not to happen in future?

If it's the former:
The short answer is no: shit in shit out.

But you could try to but a high pass filter on it, or just cut the distorting bass with an EQ notch filter placed on the frequency that the bass is distorting on most.. But it's likely to still sound cat.

Some audio software also has settings for clipped peak restoration tools - but again, it depends on the amount of distortion.

I'm sure if you posted a clip of the audio here people could take a look at it. People like me.

it is the former, i am not at home and wont be until this weekend and ill try to do this thanks

yes i realise this, but what kind of bandages can you put on the said turd?
thanks

1. try and EQ out the most irritating parts of the distortion, requires some pretty sweet EQ preferibly with an analyser bit

2. mulit-band compression to try and supress surges in the low end or lower mids, sort of the same ideas the EQ

3. distortion, put more distortion on, this works quite well, even running thru some milder settings can sort things out, aim to make things sound 'crispy' rather then 'mushy'... obviosly only works if you don't mind things sounding distorted

izotope rx has some very powerful restoration features including a de-clipper.
in some cases it can work very well....some cases...

the spectral repair is pretty amazing also.

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/rx/

1. try and EQ out the most irritating parts of the distortion, requires some pretty sweet EQ preferibly with an analyser bit

2. mulit-band compression to try and supress surges in the low end or lower mids, sort of the same ideas the EQ

3. distortion, put more distortion on, this works quite well, even running thru some milder settings can sort things out, aim to make things sound 'crispy' rather then 'mushy'... obviosly only works if you don't mind things sounding distorted

cool thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back