ATP Vs The Fans - May 18th-20th 2007 (1 Viewer)

there were a lot of knobs at this.
'specially those laughing at daniel johnston.
speaking of which, who was at the daniel johnston chalet gig?

hah. yeah. jesus he really was gonna smack him.
steve albini: 'its okay, he's just really baked right now'.

"Do you know what would make my day?If you and your white sunglasses and your polo shirt just got out of here,just got right the fuck out of here!"

Every bloke with white sunglasses I saw after that I viewed with *suspicion

*even more

adam and tara and martha were at the dan johnson gig in the chalet.
we saw grizzly bear doin some gig filmin on the beach too before built to spill.
felt like a groupie lemming so we left. also, it put me off seeing them later.

met some wonderful people. was hilarious watching big fists lose his voice early on in the weekend.
thanks again to sparse for ze coach organising. met some new thumped heads too. which was nice.

order of fun / greatness for me:
shellac
slint
battles
modest mouse
built to spill
do make say think
why?
notwist (woeful sound)

met band of horses (the band of course) who were lovely.
also met some mental swedes and cool scots too.

all in all a fuckin belter of a weekend

les savy fav was not only one of the best i saw all weekend but one of the best live performances i've ever seen. Tim Harrington is amazin, didnt even know what he looked like before he came onstage although i've being listening to them for quite a while.

Order of greatness for me was;

Les Savy Fav
Subtle
Battles
Built To Spill
Modest Mouse
Cornelius
Why?
Notwist
Daniel Johnston (just to even see him)

Nearly killed Mervyn over the balcony of that chalet party at about 6am Monday morning, that woulda been a shit end to a great weekend, where i met a hell of a lot of good new people.

YUUUUUUUUUEESSS!!

wish i went to this :(

my mate simon ended up playing basketball with doug martsch and some of his buddies for an hour or so...his tour manager had to drag him away from the game as they were all really into it. doug kept on asking him for 5 more minutes of game time and the manager got really pissed off with him as they were on stage in half an hour :)

i think it was all the wrong bands for me
i was just itching to hear something heavy all weekend

i only bothered watching Daniel Johnston, Trans Am and Ghost

my mate simon ended up playing basketball with doug martsch and some of his buddies for an hour or so...his tour manager had to drag him away from the game as they were all really into it. doug kept on asking him for 5 more minutes of game time and the manager got really pissed off with him as they were on stage in half an hour :)

my girlfriend (who seemed to just hang out with bands in chalets instead of go to any of the gigs) was talking to doug martsch locked for ages and again, supposedly the tour manager wouldn't let her into the chalet despite him inviting her in.i was secretly glad, i wouldn't trust that baldy old lech as far as i could throw him ;)

such a great weekend.Met so many nice folk.
Highlight of the whole weekend was Les Savy Fav....amazing.
Other highlights were Subtle,why, battles,the notwist, built to spill.
The books were gorgeous.

pretty much agree that these were the highlights. Dutchy also spot on with the lowlights.

lots of good shit at this one.

les savy fav
the notwist
the books
two gallants
cornelius
band of horses
modest mouse
battles
daniel johnston
that ride in Annuals

did anyone else feel really sad after watching daniel johnston?
i left his first show after 3 songs. second time i saw him was by accident.
it was odd. his set was really moving and it really hit home but i couldnt help shake the feeling that he really shouldnt be playing gigs.
but then i figured, well then why is he playing left, right and centre?
i really hope he wasnt pushed into the gigs. i saw him a few times in between gigs and he seemed to be having a really good time though.

Unbelievable weekend!

Highlights...
-Impromptu clouddead reunion when Why? got up to do Physics of a Bicycle with Subtle.
...and Dose doing that Hymies Basement song 'America Too' with Why?
-LES SAVY FAV!! Jesus, they were brilliant.
That was a Superchunk cover they did at the end, yeah?
Tim Harrington is the best frontman ever....so funny seeing him on the waterslides too.
-Built to Spill playing a perfect set.
-Akron/Family were amazing....the whole place was going apeshit by the end, about 40 people on the stage.
-It was really sad watching Daniel Johnston the 1st time but he seemed MUCH more comfortable the 2nd time, especially when playing organ instead. Beautiful.

Cornelius, Battles, The Books, Slint all brilliant too.

Main disappointments were The Notwist (what a dull live band) and the mutated monster that Modest Mouse have become (from a 3 piece to an 8 piece?? And no Eric Judy?)
Shellac = meh

I caught the last two Isis songs, they were good but two songs was enough. Capricorns were better on the metal front.

Ro that was a Superchunk cover "Precision Auto" and it blew my tiny mind.
The Notwist were 20 times better at the last ATP (3years ago?), I think they might have hit the "to old to rock" point in their lives and they played all their shitty slow songs, except for the one with the deadly bass line.. da da da dum, da da da dum.

Unbelievable weekend!

Highlights...
-Impromptu clouddead reunion when Why? got up to do Physics of a Bicycle with Subtle.
...and Dose doing that Hymies Basement song 'America Too' with Why?

That was deadly!Not one of my favourite clouddead songs,but it was great to hear one.America won/too was ace aswell.

Doseones a class front man aswell,subtle were great!
Tim harrington steals it tho,i mean not even *one* costume change from doseone!

The Notwist were 20 times better at the last ATP (3years ago?), I think they might have hit the "too old to rock" point in their lives and they played all their shitty slow songs, except for the one with the deadly bass line.. da da da dum, da da da dum.

'This Room'?
Yeah, that was amazing...i thought it was gonna pick up after that (3 songs in?) but then it plummeted straight back down.
Even 'Day 7' was painfully slow.

PS That Console dude looks like someone plucked Woody Allen out of the early '70s and stretched him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back