ATP Vs The Fans - May 18th-20th 2007 (1 Viewer)

did anyone else feel really sad after watching daniel johnston?
i left his first show after 3 songs. second time i saw him was by accident.

Yeah some knobs beside me were laughing at him and i couldn't decide if it's a good or a bad thing that he's playing live. Saw him four times in the end, including his chalet gig and he gradually better and more comfortable, especially when playing on the rhodes.

Subtle, why? and Notwist made it for me. It was deadly when Subtle and why? played cLOUDDEAD stuff. That was my highlight and talking to dose one the morning after, he's a really sound guy.

Unbelievable weekend!

Highlights...
-Impromptu clouddead reunion when Why? got up to do Physics of a Bicycle with Subtle.

really?? a shit cLOUDDEAD song to pick though, no?!?

...and Dose doing that Hymies Basement song 'America Too' with Why?

couldn't believe he sang that, i was wetting myself. Gemini was amazing, with everyone doing the call/response bit and then presuming it was the last song.

-LES SAVY FAV!! Jesus, they were brilliant.
That was a Superchunk cover they did at the end, yeah?
Tim Harrington is the best frontman ever....so funny seeing him on the waterslides too.
-Built to Spill playing a perfect set.

agreed

thought the Notwist were deadly.better than last time alright

console/woody allen guy was so excited when myself and Al went up to him for a photo but the lead singer looked like he was really nervous and eventually walked away from our conversation after a quick photo, and no that doesn't happens a lot.

i've never been so blown away by bands i'd never really heard before bar myspace songs. Why? and Subtle and Battles being my main highlights, case in point.

I really want to see Built To Spill again, the sound on that centre stage was better than any venue in Dublin. Doug Marsch is Jeff Daniels from the Squid and The Whale.

i'm still tired from this but it was fab! I think I spotted ye thumped heads in the airport! well, some of ye anyway. It was great but weird seeing daniel johnston three times - I was nervous about seeing him, I was glad he didn't break down on stage or something. was a bit suspicious about the three gigs - was it his doing or someone else's? He was shaking the whole time and played practically the same set.
Was chatting to members of Grizzly Bear (ooh, how divine is Chris Bear, I ask you?) and Band of Horses - the latter of which were very friendly! And talked to Lenny Kaye after the Patti Smith gig who was super sound and me and True Love Waits got our picture taken with him. Then Bob and Tod from Shellac went up to him and they were all 'fan' like with him, which was really funny.
Then - what was perhaps the highlight of the weekend in non-musical terms - me and truelovewaits stalked Lenny (picking up a Geordie couple on the way) to his chalet where we waited like lunatics hoping to see Patti Smith. Needless to say, he looked scared, we looked like berks and then he promptly got locked out of his chalet or was trying to get into the wrong chalet!
Fun all round. It was hilarious seeing all the painfully cool people. Got a Grizzly Bear t-shirt and a Subtle badge so all is good...

i can't do that fancy quoting thing but the aforementioned tour manager for built to spill is from ballymena and used to sing in a rap metal band, consume, last seen in dublin at the sfx opening for downset.
he's a cool guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back