ATP loozers (1 Viewer)

That was the best one I've been to yet. Go to fuckin see the fuckin Melvins this weekend if you weren't there. Don't hurry to get in for Flipper though. They were boring souless crap.

agreed - saw flipper in london last night. fell asleep on a pile of jackets at the back.

Nurse with Wound all the way baby, Alexander Tucker and Eye and Mats Gustafson was deadly. Six Organs good again, sound bad. Magik Markers Bollox. Iggy deadly. Queues are for plebs, send it back to Camber Sands. The rest can fuck off. Never heard more white noise shite in me life.
ENDS

Ah great festival...the only real disappointment were MC5...last time I saw Stooges they were crap but now maybe the best of the bunch. Other simply the bests: Mouthus, Negative Approach, Melvins, Sun City Girls.

this was the best ATP ever! a lot of moaning about queues and stuff from people, but honestly, where else would you get a festival where you get to see Stooges, MC5, Dinosaur Jr., Melvins, Negative Approach, Comets On Fire, Six Organs all over one weekend

Comets On Fire were the highlight for me

and i'm covered in fucking bruises after Stooges and Negative Approach

Musically, it was definitely one of the better ATPs. My own highlights would have been (roughly in order) Bardo Pond, Nurse with Wound, Alexander Tucker, Richard Youngs, The Dead C, My Cat Is an Alien, Gang of Four and The Stooges.

Awesome Color were all right, as were the MC5/DKT. Sun City Girls were okay, but not even half as good as the previous time I'd seen them. Wolf Eyes were very dull; they seemed to have gotten super-serious and intense, and left the fun at home.

What I saw of Flipper, Dinosaur Jr and Deerhoof was irritating rubbish. In another frame of mind, I might have enjoyed (or maybe "withstood" would be a more appropriate word) Taurpis Tula, but I really wasn't in the mood for them at the time.

Pretty gutted I missed Negative Approach, as all reports of them were that they were really great. Also highly annoyed that Han Bennink/Peter Broetzmann, Mats Gustaffson/eYe and White Out all finished well before they were supposed to, so I ended up seeing none of them; I found the general tendency toward short sets even more annoying than all the queuing...

that was the best ever atp. re. mc5 - when they were rocking, they were the best thing of the whole weekend. that said, they played a few duffers. other hightlights, the stooges, sonic youth, alexander tucker, bardo pond.

i wish i could have stayed about another 5 days

Buzz (in no order)
Eye/Gustaffson, Sonic Youth, Sun City Girls, Stooges, Gang Of Four, MC5, Maya Deren on the telly, water slides, getting my wrist band changed so I could see Sonic Youth & Iggy Pop - no hassle whatsoever. Ability to avoid queues. Meeting the drummer from Sun City Girls, and him being a thoroughly nice man. Bristol being a lovely place, as was Minehead. Air Hockey with drunken Finnish lunatics at 3 am.

No Buzz: Missing Han Bennink/Peter Brotzmann & Nurse With Wound. Shit bar staff. Weak beer. Fucking Wolf Eyes...being shouted at by a bunch of drunken frat boys over a fucking ginormous P.A. is not my idea of fun. Bastards. Not having enough energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back