ATP curated by Godspeed! You Black Emperor - 3rd - 5th of December 2010 (1 Viewer)

8pm flight from Dublin to Bristol canceled. I'm booked on the 7.50am tomorrow but not looking good at all..............

Hi Folks,

Just discovered this site through Boards.ie

Anyway, I'm planning on going to ATP this weekend, booked on the 7:50 flight tomorrow morning. Snow at the moment is heavy and I'm worried that it'll be cancelled. Has anyone looked into options for alternatives? Here's what I've looked at

Shannon-Bistol. Afternoon flight with AL, but right now it'll looking expensive, even taking into account Ryanair refund.
Cork-Bristol. Same as above, a little earlier than Shannon but very expensive
Ferry to Holyhead, train to Taunton. Would take ages, even though I'd be getting the 8:20 ferry. Would have to wait for an hour or two to get the affordable train journey (40 Euro for train, 40 Euro for ferry, per person one way), and that would have you arrive in Taunton at about 7pm!

What I'm doing now is waiting to see what happens, and hoping that if I don't get the 7:50, I'll transfer to the afternoon flight or hell, even the night flight.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Anyone thinking of renting a car and getting the ferry to Hollyhead/Pembroke? If so there's two of us here who will contribute to price of car/fuel.

Cheers!

If anyone is horribly re-routed, I'm driving from Stansted in the morning with space for 2 more in the car, flight arrives 9:20 or so so probably leaving around 10. It's a four hour or so drive though.

What I'm doing now is waiting to see what happens, and hoping that if I don't get the 7:50, I'll transfer to the afternoon flight or hell, even the night flight.
Latest forecast is for no overnight snow but its to start up again in the morning. If that's the case the 7.50 flight should be ok. If not, i'll keep trying to get a ryanair flight - anything else is either too messy or expensive.

Just got a text from someone on tonights cancelled 8pm flight. They can't get another one until Saturday night. Shit buzz.

Flying from Belfast is an option. No snow there.

Just got a text from someone on tonights cancelled 8pm flight. They can't get another one until Saturday night. Shit buzz.

Flying from Belfast is an option. No snow there.
Ah bollix. I suppose Friday evening or Saturday morning from Belfast is an option. An expensive one though.

Yeh booked on 7.50. Gang of us playing the waiting game til the early morning. Can just bail down to the port and get the ferry if the flight is crocked.

Really awesome. First night was a bit sloppy but by Sunday they were otherwordly! A whole day nearly in Bristol airport was not fun.

Other highlights: Flower/Corsano, Neurosis, Wolves in the Throne Room, The Ex, Emeralds and Bardo Pond

GY!BE were indeed great. Saw them the first night only, and they played somethign from all 4 of their major releases, and were very heavy on Lift Your Skinny Fists. Great to hear BBF III being played live.

Festival was good, though the lest accessible I've been too (Weird Al was welcome light relief). The Ex rocked hard, and despite the short set, Cluster were great. There were some schedule changes on Sunday (due to weather?) which some may not have noticed. We went to see Tim Hecker and were told by bouncers he was cancelled, but I heard that actually wasn't true. Can anyone confirm?

Didn't see him but I am sure he played from what I heard. Think they may have got confused with Daniel Higgs who cancelled on Friday

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back