At last.... Typical Girls - the Slits... (1 Viewer)

zebra heart attack said:
numbers. now erase errata. excellent!!

was their singer replaced by a man as of late? or is my head gone a bit loopy.

think he may be gone now.
might just be a three piece now.
not totally sure though.

new lp coming out on kill rocks stars soon...

for me the babes in toyland gig was a perfect example of a band that were deadly but would have been better seen in their hey-day..erase errata tho would be worth the admission price alone...|..|

zebra heart attack said:
this brings up that old timeless question...

is it better never to see a band you'd always love to have seen, rather than seeing them 25 years after the fact wherein they could ruin all that made them great in the first place?

the eternal quandry

oops when i said that were deadly i meant as in used to be deadly..when they played a few years ago as anyone who was there will know they were shit..

swingkid said:
think he may be gone now.
might just be a three piece now.
not totally sure though.

new lp coming out on kill rocks stars soon...

sounds great.love erase errata.

saw babes in toyland in the shelter in 2000(?) i think.hardly their heyday, wasn't overly impressed.good enough

Ari Up and some mates did a set of Slits songs at that festival Morrisey organised a while back. It was deadly but there is no excuse for dreads on white people. Dreads down to the floor is just fucking vile.

seanc said:
Ok then, I read, wasn't so hard after all.
any tunes i can listen to?
you should listen to Typical Girls or Shoplifting. Any song off their album Cut is a classic.

what dates is this and where? or does anyone know details?

the ep version of 'heard it through the grapevine' is liquid... the peel session stuff is amazing too, they're pissing themselves the whole way through.

ramps said:
slits_cut_200.jpg
]

i wonder if their boobs are still as pert.
lol that is hilarious, I always loved this cover and the Roxy music one as well as The Scorpions one when I was a young frustrated teenager, I would appear to still like 'em as a frustrated middle aged man !ninjaaaa ;]

trianglegrrrl said:
you should listen to Typical Girls or Shoplifting. Any song off their album Cut is a classic.

absolutely. I love the way they wanted to create music that was somehow 'female' and not bound by traditional male rock rules...and it came out sounding kind of like reggae... Still, you have to love them. I love the start of Love Und Romance - I've never checked the lyrics but it sounds like she's saying 'Bobby (?) don't love us, bobby don't love us' - whatever, it's damn cool.

JANER said:
lol that is hilarious, I always loved this cover and the Roxy music one as well as The Scorpions one when I was a young frustrated teenager, I would appear to still like 'em as a frustrated middle aged man !ninjaaaa ;]

virgin_killer.jpg

jayner mackle

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back