Asylum ,Immigration (2 Viewers)

Mmm, is this the very reason the EU is destined to fail? We are very much not in it together if anything looks a bit hard.

Depends I guess on how big or powerful the EU is allowed to become it is perfectly possible for it to still exist without it becoming some sort of all pervasive or super power I would think a maintained self governance or level of autonomy for states that are members is a good thing myself

bit of an update here

Ireland to accept 272 migrants per 20,000 under EU quotas

still no news on whether we'll opt in or out.

@Theodore Kaczynski you keep saying migrants, this is about asylum seekers. no?

(edit: just realised the article says 'migrants' as well so maybe i'm quite wrong)

Sorry, I did fail to distingush the two. Of course asylum seekers should be prioritised over economic migrants but proving the individual is one rather than the other is often no easy task.

Depends I guess on how big or powerful the EU is allowed to become it is perfectly possible for it to still exist without it becoming some sort of all pervasive or super power I would think a maintained self governance or level of autonomy for states that are members is a good thing myself

The aim is for ever broader and deeper integration so I think we'll see a continual erosion of state sovereignty (assuming the whole thing doesn't fall apart in the meantime of course) in favour of centralised power. If the union can create a European identity then nationality won't matter so much anymore and national autonomy will be less desirable.

There is the National Independence Party with a candidate in the Carlow /Kilkenny election . There are really a one trick pony with anti EU included. They may have more voice if MEP candidates were elected like UKIP has done.
national independence party - Google Search
Identity Ireland, or something like that.

I look forward to seeing him get pummelled in the elections tomorrow.

I wonder why they did not stay in the refugee camps near to their own countries . They are shopping for the best place in the EU which makes them economic migrants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back