Asylum ,Immigration (1 Viewer)

i realise that this thread might be some kind of wind-up, but even so... i’ll take the historical-context-accuracy bait...

why the hell would these phantom ’families from the congo‘ have passports from fucking portugal? there are two countries called congo – one a former french colony, the other a former belgian colony. i suppose there’s a chance you’re talking about either angola, mozambique or cape-verde (those being actual former portuguese colonies in africa), but mainly you’re just not making any sense at all.

you’re sort of undermining the basic credibility of your racist rumour-spreading by inventing colonial histories out of thin air. just... fyi like.
The guy was from Angola sorry .

The polish girls are all starting to get a bit fat ... it must be the shit Irish diet of Supermacks and breakfast rolls (or the swan). I vote we send then home and allow one of the Baltic states into the EU.

You will just have the same result . Close all fat food outlets.

and while we’re on a roll with this whole historical accuracy thang: plenty of people from former portuguese colonies gained perfectly legitimate portuguese citizenship as a result of the implications of the ruling ideology of the esado novo regime in portugal, which chose to emphasise that all areas under portuguese control were technically co-equal (much like most non-european french territories still today). if you wanna know more, get going on pluricontinentalism and lusotropicalism before shooting your mouth off again...

and while we’re on a roll with this whole historical accuracy thang: plenty of people from former portuguese colonies gained perfectly legitimate portuguese citizenship as a result of the implications of the ruling ideology of the esado novo regime in portugal, which chose to emphasise that all areas under portuguese control were technically co-equal (much like most non-european french territories still today). if you wanna know more, get going on pluricontinentalism and lusotropicalism before shooting your mouth off again...
The issue was not about legitimate Portuguese passports .The issue was those tearing up these passports to claim Asylum in Ireland.Do you read my posts or just see what you want to see.
Another interesting revelation when our dozy immigration decided to check was that many Nigerians came here after their tourist visas expired in the UK.The Nigerian embassy decided to charge them 1000 euro for passports . These former asylum seekers asked the HSE and welfare to give them the money .
Riding the country .
Troll or not a troll its no matter to me.

Last edited:
The issue was not about legitimate Portuguese passports .The issue was those tearing up these passports to claim Asylum in Ireland.Do you read my posts or just see what you want to see.
Another interesting revelation when our dozy immigration decided to check was that many Nigerians came here after their tourist visas expired in the UK.The Nigerian embassy decided to charge them 1000 euro for passports . These former asylum seekers asked the HSE and welfare to give them the money .
Riding the country .
Troll or not a troll its no matter to me.

i was simply pointing out that if you can’t even get your story straight enough to know what country you’re talking about, you’ve pretty much torpedoed your own credibility before you begin. just sayin.

oh dear! have i upset you? you poor thing.

GxOM7mX.jpg

The issue was not about legitimate Portuguese passports .The issue was those tearing up these passports to claim Asylum in Ireland.

The fault here lies with Irish authorities for not returning the immigrants to Portugal or England or wherever. The Dublin convention allows for immigrants to be passed back to the EU country they first entered, given that we're an island on the fringes of Europe with no direct flights to Africa (thats an educated guess, I may be wrong) we should really have no immigrants bar those that arrive in group schemes (I believe we took in some Rwandans following the trouble down here) and those who enter on work/study visas.

The issue was not about legitimate Portuguese passports .The issue was those tearing up these passports to claim Asylum in Ireland.

So direct provision in some bogger ridden shithole in Ireland is preferable to living perfectly legitimately in Lisbon?
Is there any type of smell test a urban myth has to pass before you'll swallow it?

So direct provision in some bogger ridden shithole in Ireland is preferable to living perfectly legitimately in Lisbon?
Is there any type of smell test a urban myth has to pass before you'll swallow it?
The person in question did not live in Direct provision for long .He was given a local authority house and welfare for his family.He was worse off in Portugal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back