(Ask nlgbbbblth) - My Weekly Bank Related Question (1 Viewer)

has this been answered?

Why is it every single time I contact my bank to do something I need to make at least three follow up calls and listen to bullshit as to why my original request was ingnored?

cunts:mad:

i'm currently in that situation.
letter written in january; two phone calls to follow up. letter from the bank to say they'd actioned my request, request not actioned.

It's a disease called 'call-centre mentality' which is not just restricted to people who work in call centres but in the customer service industry in general.

I have similiar issues when contacting my ISP, insurance company etc.

You're dealing with pricks who couldn't give a toss about helping people. So long as they get paid, they don't care.

Unlike me.

has this been answered?

Why is it every single time I contact my bank to do something I need to make at least three follow up calls and listen to bullshit as to why my original request was ingnored?

cunts:mad:

Ever try ringing NTL?
Brick. Wall. Etc.

If there's not enough money in your account to pay a standing order, does it not get bounced back? I was fully short for mine this month but they took it out anyways and now i'm €600 overdrawn, that seems wrong to me?

afaik rsj it depends on your account operation in the past..theres usually an excess limit set up on yr account and they will allow transactions up to a point..letting them go through can be a pain in the gee but i suppose they think they are doing u a favour..plus they charge ya for it..

niggleybits:

i got a huge cc bill this month. ouch.

anyway instead of paying it all this month, i wanna pay half this month and half next month.

will i be charged interest for the next month's payment?

your truly,

lala. who will not being using her credit card ever again.

If there's not enough money in your account to pay a standing order, does it not get bounced back? I was fully short for mine this month but they took it out anyways and now i'm €600 overdrawn, that seems wrong to me?

I've been overdrawn before with no overdraft in similiar circumstances. I think you get the rest of the day to pay it and then its bounced back.

standing order is either

1) Paid. Leaving you overdrawn but bank may be doing this based on previous account performance.

2) Bounced straightaway - which means you you see it going through 'on the day' but it's automatically reversed at close of business and nothing appears on the statement

3) Bounced the following day - which means you see a debit and then a credit entry on your statement.

if i end up ahead in my mortgage repayments, would the bank laugh wholeheartedly at my naive question as to whether i can suspend payments, once i don't drop behind the original schedule?

niggleybits:

i got a huge cc bill this month. ouch.

anyway instead of paying it all this month, i wanna pay half this month and half next month.

will i be charged interest for the next month's payment?

your truly,

lala. who will not being using her credit card ever again.

no interest only applies if you clear the bill in full

if you only pay part of it you are charged interest on the full amount up until they receive the first payment and then interest on the remainder until it's cleared.

check out
http://www.ifsra.ie/frame_main.asp?pg=%2Fconsumer%2Fcr%5Fintr%2Easp&nv=%2Fconsumer%2Fcr%5Fnav%2Easp

Credit Cards - what you should know.

pages 8 - 10 illustrate the above

if i end up ahead in my mortgage repayments, would the bank laugh wholeheartedly at my naive question as to whether i can suspend payments, once i don't drop behind the original schedule?

have you made lump sum reductions? otherwise how are you 'ahead'?

they will sometimes give you a moratorium on payments, usually a move to interest only. The lump sum reductions might help your case, no guarantee.

standing order is either

1) Paid. Leaving you overdrawn but bank may be doing this based on previous account performance.

2) Bounced straightaway - which means you you see it going through 'on the day' but it's automatically reversed at close of business and nothing appears on the statement

3) Bounced the following day - which means you see a debit and then a credit entry on your statement.

I should add

2) is way more common than 3) as it can be done electronically, at a few keystrokes. 3) is a manual process involving form-filling, posting same and a phone call to the other bank.

waiting until the standing order is debited from your account before lodging is a bad idea.
Why?

Most of the time, the bank will not be prepared to manually check if the overdrawn account holders have lodged during the day - so the item is bounced. Best have the money in beforehand.

that'll help.

if you have a genuine reason for suspending payments, and a timeframe (say travelling for one year), then I'd hope they would be reasonable about it
i was kinda thinking on putting the repayments into another account for a year or so to pay for some improvements to the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back