asian market (2 Viewers)

LINKY.V.18

im talking about the one up from georges arcade,not the one opposite waltons(that one smells funny).anyway i love it,go there every saturday.loads of weird cool stuff,like pigs ears and tripe(yummy),and chicken feet.the spices are also really cheap compared to supermarkets.bought me a bamboo steamer there last week too.anybody else go there?.|..|

i shop in the asian market all the time. mostly for tea, noodles and sauces.
have ye seen the full chickens in the freezer? you walk buy and theres these chicken feet poking out. and squid. deadly place.

and they sometimes have durians!

not that i'd buy/eat one (even the unopened ones smell of socks), but they look cool.

that said, i think my favourite thing i've seen in the asia market was a squashed chicken - it had been flattened until it was roughly the size and shape of a pizza, but with, y'know, visible chicken features. very hr giger.

Yes, I go there sometimes. It's good. How much was the steamer (tee hee)? I want to buy one.

I got a 10" bamboo for about 7euros.10 mins later i went to the other asian shop(the one that smells) and saw a double layered 10" one for only 10squids,that really annoyed me.so i'd say shop around for your steamers cos i got ripped off.them crazy asians will try anything you know...(easy now,only kidding):rolleyes:

how do ya use a rice steamer anyway - do ya just sit it on top of a saucepan?

Yeah, I know how stupid that looks...

Whats so handy about them?

how do ya use a rice steamer anyway - do ya just sit it on top of a saucepan?

Yeah, I know how stupid that looks...

Whats so handy about them?

not really a rice steamer but i suppose you could if you were like that.anyway they are really worth getting.just stick them on top of your wok(or you can use a wide pot).put some water in the wok (obviously) but make sure the water is not touching the base where you put the food.stick in your fish,vegetables or whatever you like,put the lid on and steam away.oh yeh and always check that the water doesn't all evaporate ,you may need to put some more back in.plus what i do a lot these days is use my steamer to smoke stuff,great for duck and fish.except you probably wont be able to use it then for anything else,you'll need to get a new one.right now mine smells like an ashtray.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back