As if underground music isnt hit enough (1 Viewer)

brianMy Remorse

Website
www.myremorse.com
Anyone see the news last and the pictures from cork, big factory going up in flames, everything gutted? What wasnt reported was that another business called Make Music was located there and was home to 15 band rooms used by local bands (including us) and a recording studio all run by a great guy called Mark Kelly, this building was also destroyed. We arrived to see the building filled with smoke and water and thankfully some of us were able to pull our gear out and save some of it (the water and smoke damage is another story). However others were not so lucky, with their entire band equipment being destroyed, pearl kits, marshalls, les pauls fenders, you get the picture. Marks business is now destroyed and he literally has lost everything. Just wanted to let ye know bout this and how shitty things happen and also to those in cork or who will be visiting in the near future, there is going to be a lot of fundraising to help these people out so please get involved.
Cheers

probably insurance on the building. but i was told last night that none of the equipment was insured, he couldn't get insurance for some reason - he had a recording studio in there and it's gone now.
horrible stories of symbols and pedals actually melted into the floor and everything else that wasn't rescued being under a foot of water. bad bad bad.

holy fuck, anything that can be done to help ?

well, as he said, fundraising. maybe a moderatley sized venue would be level headed enough to (rent free) have a day of bands play down there. i know id go down, shit just to see My Remorse again, id go down! and Rhona is ddown there too, so we'll have a floor to sleep on!;)

my ex texted me,sayin she was involved in saving some precious boxes from a burning building but i thought she was having a hackler-induced hallucination

you could sell bits of floor with melted cymbal...
how did it happen?

Chaotic down there it was when I got there last night, stacks of equipment lying everywhere outside the building warehouses beside it gutted, a right fucking mess. Lots of bands needing new practice space and equipment for others

Apparently a dryer in a carpet factory exploded and set fire to whatever flammable material was around. they thought they could contain it but then the aspestos in the roof caught fire, the wind changed and it spread to our building, some of the rooms were literally charcoal, ours was 2feet away literally from the flames some good band s and friends lost everything, twas a pretty horrific sight, water everywhere, a fire still going in nearby rooms and smoke everywhere..it still hasnt sunk in, and yea there was no insurance for the gear.
by the way anyone hear of a fire in a factory on thursday night in Athy? Yeah, coincidentally owned by the same company. Both gutted on the same day. Unfortunate eh? Apparently they might have to move to England now, thats tough.....mmmmmmm possibly the worst insurance scam ever?
yeah anyway gigs will be happening and what not so we'll keep ye posted, we'll never recover all the money. but guess it just strengthens ones resolve.

Gar said:
you could sell bits of floor with melted cymbal...
how did it happen?
are you familiar with the idea of fire?

fire.jpg

Rebelmusic said:
There'll be a benefit gig on the 18th of October in the C.A.T Club, just so ya'll know.
Condolences to all who've lost equipment oir been put out by this,it's very sad to see.
Am i right in thinking this happened in Waterford the same night as well, or am i confused?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back