Arthur Lee (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

Put it to you this way...
It's FAR to small for the croud this guy will pull...
And those who attend NEED to be comfortable at this kind of gig...
Besides anyone within earshot of the bar aint gonna hear a thing...
If you know someone in the band BBoy perhaps it's somthing they should know...

Arthur Lee is playing Whelans on june 16th, this is a good thing, a very very good thing.

He's out. There are posters for Albert Lee round town at the moment which made me all confused. Again.

Yeah, I'm all confused too...

If it's Arthur Lee from LOVE then it's a shure thing, up there with seeing Brian Wilson, espesh in the Whelans...wow

But...

If its Albert Lee ex Eric Clapton, then he can shove his AOR gig up his hole!!

PeeWee (08 Mar, 2002 02:16 p.m.):
Yeah, I'm all confused too...

If it's Arthur Lee from LOVE then it's a shure thing, up there with seeing Brian Wilson, espesh in the Whelans...wow

But...

If its Albert Lee ex Eric Clapton, then he can shove his AOR gig up his hole!!

See, definitely Albert Lee IS playing cos I have seen posters with my female eyes. But co-incidentally Arthur Lee is playing gigs in London round about the same time, cos the boyfriend is going, so it wouldn't be outside the bounds of possibility that he'd play here as well.

And wave a gun around.

I shall be hiding in the least Irish pub I can find. Bren from Xfm will also be over, as will 2 more of my Dubbalin mates. EAR are (is?) playing at Spitz the night before, but nuffin happening on the 17th that I've heard of. Giz a bell when you're over.

Lolo - heres the INFO:

ARTHUR LEE, the legendary frontman of 1960's West Coast psychedelic folksters LOVE, is set to undertake a major tour of Europe and the UK from mid-May.

The tour will kick off in Denmark on May and reach the UK with a show at Glasgow King Tut's on June 4.

As revealed last week on NME.COM, Lee has been rehearsing with his long-term backing band, the LA based trio Baby Lemonade. He added: "I plan to use live horns and strings on this tour as well as record my new album which will probably be in Europe." Lee
was released from a Californian jail last December after serving six years of an 11-year sentence. In 1996, he was convicted of possession of a firearm by an ex-felon and also grossly negligent discharge of a firearm for allegedly shooting a gun in the air during a dispute with a neighbour.

The European tour dates in full are:

Rytmeposten, Odense, Denmark - (May 16)
Pumpehuset, Copenhagen, Denmark (17)
Södra Teatern, Stockholm, Sweden (21)
John Lee, Oslo, Norway (22)
Venue TBC, Gothenberg, Sweden (23)
KB, Mälmo Sweden (25)
Quasimodo, Berlin, Germany (26)
Ekko, Utrecht, Holland (28)
Melkveg, Amsterdam, Holland (29)
Bikini, Barcelona, Spain (30)
Venue TBC, Vitoria (31)
Venue TBC, Madrid (June 1)
King Tut's, Glasgow (June 4)
Stables, Milton Keynes (5)
Concorde 2, Brighton (6)
The Brook, Southampton (8)
Lomax, Liverpool (9)
Manchester University (10)
The Boardwalk, Sheffield (11)
Robin 2, Wolverhampton (13)
Queen Elizabeth Hall, London (14)
Whelans Dublin (16)

This is most true. I have talked with Mike from the fine band Baby Lemonade (who are playing as LOVE with Arthur) and he said he's looking forward to playing Dublin. (I am from Ireland and I'm currently out here in California for a few years). I also told Arthur Lee that he would be very welcome in Dublin - anyone who is lucky enough to go to the show.....give him the best audience he's ever played to. It is going to be fantastic. Mike mentioned that there was a problem with the original booking of the gig...but I hope that's sorted out now. He's doing this tour first, but then, later in the Autumn/Winter to celebrate FOREVER CHANGES 35th year in release, there is a plan of special performances of FOREVER CHANGES in its entirety...complete with orchestration and special guests, recreating "live" for the first time ever one of the best pop albums ever made.

Shurly this should be a vicar st gig...
What with the size of the band, the size of the audiance...
A gig like this would be ruined in whelans with the amound of tickets greedy companys put on sale...
anyone remember Elliot Smith in the Red Box?

Hay!! why did my reply to BBoy end up at the top there as the second post???????????
The bord is sick Pete?

Where will this end up?? on another thread??

I'll click post now

PeeWee (09 Mar, 2002 07:08 p.m.):
Hay!! why did my reply to BBoy end up at the top there as the second post???????????
The bord is sick Pete?

Where will this end up?? on another thread??

I'll click post now

ah jaysus lads don't speak of such things... after the week i just had, that's the last thing i want

i think i'll run the database repair thing & do a backup just in case

this'll take about 15 minutes....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back